Chapter 4

I wriggle out of the debris, I hear cries of pain and I can hear bailey screaming my name. "Bailey, what's wrong?!?" I say as I try to get my leg out of the crushed car. My right leg is jammed in between the attesting wheel and the glove box.
I soon dislodge my leg to see a red sticky liquid oozing out of a wound much bigger than I've ever gotten before. To my right there is Liz and mason hugging each other tightly and to my left well every nightmare I've ever had was right in front of me.......a man no a corpse no a zombie or whatever it is it is eating my daughter's left arm. I stare at the figure in horror it's slimy rotten flesh and fresh blood dripping from it jaw, my daughters blood. I jump up, landing on my crippled leg and tackle the monster, it is surprisingly weak and I topple over I grab the pocket knife in my back pocket a slam it into the zombies frontal lobe. It releases the grip on my shirt and its arms fall limply to its sides.
I slowly get up, my vision is blurry with tears that wouldn't flow down my cheeks. I fire my knife at the ground and run to Bailey, she is lying lifelessly on the grass. Her eyes still open, her chest barely rising and her lips are trembling. I pull her in closer and can feel her cold breath against my arm. I then lay her in the grass again. Liz and mason race over "its gonna be ok baby" Liz says through sobs. Baileys eyes slowly close and Liz collapses beside Bailey crying. I simply just stare at the zombie. The sadness inside just turns to anger. I rise from the ground and start to walk up the hill towards the road, it is almost pitch black. "Where are you going?" Liz asks. "We have to keep moving" I yell a bit too harshly. There is so much anger flowing through my veins right now, I can't stop moving. Liz follows with hesitation.
As soon as I get up onto the road, I look down to see the smashed car now on fire. When mason and Liz get into the road we all walk the same direction that we were going in the first place. I know how important it is to protect my family.
-----------------------------
Hey guys, sorry for not updating its just that I have been really busy lately, also I'm really sorry for the short chapter. And finally I am quite tired so this will only be a short authors note but the shoutout of the day is: Avakk15 so go check her out. Thank you for 100 reads I love you all
Rachelxxx