Faxeman

"You've heard of this huge snow storm that's headed our way?" Fiona asked her Axeman as they walked hand in hand in the park.

The trees had shed their leaves; the few people who passed them by were dressed in heavy coats, the lake had even started to freeze over.

"Yes I have." He smirked "I can't recall the last winter I've witnessed here in New Orleans, it's been a long time. But, I figure we can manage to stay warm and cozy." Fiona knew what he was implying, and a big grin spread across her face.

The air around them whirred, anything that wasn't tied down tumbled through the grass.

"Well, it's true. This crazy wind is bringing it to us from the north." She replied as she brought a cigarette to her lips.

The Axeman covered the tip of her cigarette with his hands, making a barrier around it so it was easier for her to light. "Thank you." Fiona seemed surprised by what he had done. He nodded his head.

"Well, I don't mind. Gettin' snowed in with you wouldn't be so bad" He smiled so bright that Fiona didn't notice the sky darkening above them. She couldn't help but reciprocate a smile, he made her feel special.

It seemed to be getting colder by the minute. Fiona pulled her black leather gloves on. The Axeman's first instinct was to take off his wool coat and cover her shoulders with it.

"We should go to the store and get some groceries" she suggested, realizing that they were running out of time and it would start snowing soon "we don't know how long this storm may last."

She took a final puff from her cigarette and snuffed out the flame with the tip of her heel. The Axeman wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. "Let's get a cab."