Chapter 17

Now, there's always been this theory among my friends, that I wear all this paraphernalia to repel men, because I'm that disgusted at the idea of love. It's not that I am disgusted, I am just uninterested. Love is for the weak-willed, but I am incredibly confident in my own opinions of things. Dating is a waste of time to me. I won't pair with the opposite gender. Those lowly creatures crave sex, and nothing more than that. I'll pay them the same service. Love isn't real. It's been created, and thought to be real. Some.people understand this, but most don't. And I swear, if I were to fall for the trick, and fall hard, I will not subject to the male, but him to me.

___________________________________

I crawled into my bed, putting away my phone and headphones. Sitting up in it, I looked down at my body, and smiled. I was very happy with how I looked. Nothing much has changed about it, but a personal trainer has helped to get me shaped up more than I already was. I admitted to myself that I looked great, and was glad about it.

But nothing else made me feel the same kind of happy. My fashion and music was lovely, but there was nothing else about my life that could satisfy me.

I stared at the distant boudoir, where Tara usually did my makeup. A little doll sat neatly on a box, smiling, in a tiny white dress. The first tear that I had cried in a very long time fell onto my thigh and another followed.

It was a day before my birthday. I was sulking as I looked into the window of a little shop, where an expensive little doll sat gazing into my eyes.

"I wish I could get her..." I mumbled to myself. We were walking away, when I waved her goodbye. That night I went to sleep, I hugged my bolster, thinking about that little girl in the window. How I wished she were mine....

"Open your eyes, Stefani."

I did as he said, and a petite doll sat before my eyes. Her diamond studded hair glistened, like my eyes as rhey watered. "Taylor, I love you so much."

I walked to the boudoir, and I sighed. This was all I had taken from Taylor along with me. This little doll. I hugged it, and took it into my bed with me.

I hugged my doll, thinking about that man who was missing in my life. How I wished he were mine.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Gaga, get dressed. You're meeting Taylor in an hour at the airport, is that fine?" Bobby told me. He wasn't accepting a "no" for an answer, so I just nodded, and went to find Tara. She was going to get me glammed up, and put me in a cool dress or pantsuit, as she always did.

We were a great team, and never failed to impress our audience with every look. I liked wearing as little as I could. It made me feel liberated, and strong. White gowns and neat curls were the trend for most Hollywood stars, but lingerie and wigs were my look.

Whatever I found sexy, I wanted to go out with. Men could admire whatever I flaunted, and hope to get something out of me, but all they get is a wink and smile.

While Freddi put on a short blonde wig for the day, I began thinking of last night. It was weird that when late, I yearned for somebody, but during the day, everything was different. I preferred myself in the day, strutting confidently without a care in the world. No way was I letting the night time take over me.

Once my wig was on, I was ready to go. Peter helped me into the car, since with my massive heels, I had trouble balancing a lot. My phone buzzed, so I turned it on. "Luc: promise me you'll be careful today."

Since we were able to communicate now, Luc monitered me and my actions. He was like one of my bodyguards, and a good one.

I texted him back, "I will," before placing my phone in my bag, and drifting off to sleep for the long ride. When I woke up, Taylor would be there. I wondered if he changed since then, since a lot of the hype about him had been stored away in history. He wasn't the most famous anymore. I took his place.

-------------------------------------------------------

"We're here Gaga," Peter's deep voice woke me up along with a tap on my shoulder. I smiled at him, and thanked him as I got out of the car, with a hand on his arm for support. He was a gentle giant. Peter was huge, but so was his heart, and he was always careful about me.

He was the first to signal to Tara and I that we should threaten and split fr our old "owners". I guess he became the father figure both of us had become disconnected from. It was great to have him helping us around all the time. A big, strong man like him would be lovely to have in my life. Then again, I wasn't so sure after all the past events in my life, like Taylor.

I strided into the airport, shielding my eyes with just the thin layer of glass which was my shades from the paparazzi and news reporters. I prayed that they wouldn't catch me with Taylor, then continued walking until they disappeared from sight. Safe.

"He's late," I said, checking Tara's wrist watch. She laughed, and gave me a playful slap on the arm. "Eager aren't you?" she asked sarcastucally, adjusting the hem of her blouse. Ugh, Tara was the prettiest thing ever.

"No, don't worry. I'm not. I'm just saying that he's late," I repeated.

"No, don't worry. I'm not. I'm just saying that I am punctual," Taylor said in a high pitched voice, mocking me. It's not as if my voice was that high. If anything, I sounded like oje of those butch lesbians who were obsessed with muscles and working out. That, or just a boy going through puberty or something close. Anyway, back to my point: That little bitch.

I turned around immediately, to find him standing in a pair of jeans and a tight, dark red v-neck. He looked the same as before, just more than unshaven than he had been, and with a cap on.

"Welcome back, Stefani," he growled. I think that's called flirting, but I wouldn't know. I hadn't done any of it or noticed it before. Today I did though, because my memories of Taylor were mostly just that.

He moved closer, and I stepped back. My palms were damp with sweat and I grew more anxious as he put his hand out for a shake. I held both of mine to my chests, in tight fists. Was I afraid? This wasn't my true self.

Gathering some courage, I stuck a hand out and put the free one on my hip. He shook it firmly, and as I pulled away, almost wouldn't let go. "Please, please, please get your dirty hand off," I thought, sighing in relief as he did just as I wanted.

We were given no time to speak, before Taylor's manager took his turn. "Alright, so I assume the two of you have been friends before? There shouldn't be much of a problem with getting along, I suppose," his manager held his hands behind his back, switching his gaze between him and I.

Taylor shook his head. " Your assumption was close enough, I guess, but the truth is, we used to date, and even live together," he stated proudly, as if he were boasting.

I bowed my head, and felt like I was about to puke. My stomach was uncomfortable, my head was spinning and my hands were numb and cold. This was so embarrassing for me. Dating this man was the worst thing I had subjected myself to. Now I had to do it, all. over. again. "T-tara..." I whispered.

She turned to face me, but before she could reply, I took off into the crowded airport, sprinting in my heels no matter how unstable. Either way I was going to fall. Fall physically or break down mentally. I was going to prevent both at all measures.

My eyes moved back and forth between the guards behind me, and the paparazzi in front. I had to run from Taylor, and run to safety. I really didn't want to see his face or hear him speak. He was a terrible human being in general, and I couldn't stand his presence any longer.

I turned back for a second, and the next, I had collided into someone else. "Ahh!" I screamed, falling back onto my butt. Frantically shuffling onto my feet, I looked up at the careless woman who was apologising over and over, but I stopped her once I saw her face.

"Lacee, this is Stefani. I need your help."