Chapter 5: Back to Basics, Black, and Business

So, for the very first time I thought I had truly found love, or at least a gentleman, I hadn't. I guess there was an actual reason why I was a prostitute. No one was going to love me, and the nearest I could get to love, was making love. Then again, there was no love making, it was all plain, old, boring sex. Lust, violence, dirt and disgust. Here we go again...

Everyday since the one that Taylor had broken my heart, I returned home exhausted, aching and loaded with money. By the end of the month, my rent would take up most of it. At least I was getting work done, selling your body is harder than you think it is.

Eventually, I started to enjoy myself. While I hooked a few guys up, I was also waitressing, and running the bar with a few girlfriends. But I wasn't your usual waitress, I took orders, sang, danced. Yes, I had become a Manhattan star.

A famous New York stripper-singer that could do a split while belting a note for fifteen seconds. I had forgotten about men, now taking interest in a new gender. A whole new sexual preference due to a slight bit of curiosity. I simply adored the female body and mind. A lot about me really changed, and this caused a lot of contradiction. While I loved girls, I still had a boyfriend.

Luc Carl was his name. After my whole experience with Taylor, I was desperate for a guy, and Luc saw that I needed some help. He was there for me, and was supportive of what I wanted to do. We were inseperable, regardless of any other sexual relationships, as long as they were with women. Odd.

"Starlight, can you take the three hours shift tonight? I'm bartending," I asked, pointing to the turntables on the stage. Lady Starlight, my lovely partner-in-crime nodded, and laughed. "Since when have you picked up a new talent?" she walked over to the stage with her sky-high heels.

Standing behind the bar, I watched as people streamed into the club. It was about 10PM, around the time most people would come. Flirting with the customers to receive big tips. Most of the guys here had become fans since I started to perform. A lot of them just wanted a good lay for one night, but I wasn't going to be that girl. The main objective of my job is to show that I, as a woman, am overpowering. I can conquer them, and have them at my feet, not theirs. After being used by men for a little too long, I had decided that it was my turn to use them. I was succeeding, and it had become a hobby more than a job. Making men beg and plead, it was my pleasure.

I pulled my hair over to my right shoulder and took off my leather jacket, exposing my underwear, all I was wearing. Guy after guy came up to me, ordering drinks in between flirts and compliments. I accepted them, gave some back, and then I would give them a little taste of what dominance and heartbreak was.

The strap of my bra had slipped off my shoulder, but I left it there, attracting some attention to the bar. A tall, hunky man came up to the counter, resting his muscular forearms on the marble top. I looked down at the table, not making any eye contact with him, I never made much with customers anyway.

"Can I get you anything?" I asked, looking down at my bright red nails with a smile painted across my face. "Jameson on rocks, sweetie," the man said, in his familar, deep voice. Immediately, my eyes shot up to meet his, and I could already recognise him, in the room, almost pitch black. It was him, that stupid little player.

"Coming up, Lieutenant," I answered, quickly rushing off to get away from him. Opening a bottle of Jameson, I heard his footsteps approaching me. He was here for something else. "So, hows work, talk of the underground aren't you, Stefani?" Taylor asked, taking a seat on the stool right in front of me. Silence.

"Don't ignore me," he said, waiting again for a response. "Fine, ten bucks for a first drink. Next time's back to fifteen. Now stop talking to me," I told him, putting a tall glass of whiskey in front of him before pacing to the opposite side of the bar. Still, he followed, and I then knew that he was here for more than a drink.

Definitely, he had a few hundreds on him to try and get me back into bed. But that lying son of a bitch wasn't getting any closer to my pussy anytime soon. "How long more's your shift," he asked, taking a big gulp from the glass.

"Till morning. I run this place and all these filthy bastards are waiting their turn to ask me out, bit like you, but at least you're taking it slow," I replied, smiling at my own lovely words. He wasn't getting the I'm-not-into-you-please-fuck-off note at all, instead, he thanked me for that, happy that he was "a step ahead".

And then, another man turned up beside him, sitting down in front of me too, with his back straight and long hair neatly combed back. "Hey babe", he said and I laughed, seeing who it was. "Looks like you've got some competition sweetheart," I said, giving Taylor a seductive wink. There, exactly how he wanted it.

Taylor turned to Luc and stood up, breathing in deeply to show off his huge muscles. Luc followed, towering half a head above him. "I'm afraid you're talking to my girlfriend," Taylor told him, finishing the rest of his drink. Then Luc chuckled along with me.

"There's no need to lie about what you've got. Stefani's been running from you for ten minutes now, she doesn't even wanna look at you, kid," he said, grinning at the girl. He was the lucky guy who had Stefani in his life and Taylor couldn't bear having been fooled by the two of them. He turned away from them and decided to leave.

The tables had turned, and now, he was the one heartbroken. While Stefani stepped all over his shattered heart in her massive heels and rock star boyfriend, all he could do was walk away. He wanted her so badly, he thought maybe there was still a chance, if only he could wait their relationship out. Somehow, he just knew it wasn't the end of Stefani and himself.

I'm sorry for the late posting, all my unpublished chapters were deleted during the update and I only started writing them today. One by one I'll post them when I wake up, thanks for waiting though :)