Chapter 31 : Hasta Luego

"How many cars are following them?" Mew asked as they headed outside the mansion and into their respective cars.

"Three" Andra speaks through the earpiece.

"It's crucial to allow Off and Lucas at the back, alone" Mew says in his authoritative voice getting into his Capo Crimini mode.

"What do you suggest?" Adler asked, opening Atticus' car doors.

"Accompany them at the back. I'll corner them head on" Mew says, adjusting his holster.

"And if he asks?" Atticus, asks the obvious.

"I'll take care of it. Just make sure, not a word comes out of your mouth about what happened tonight. Do you understand?" Mew commands.

"You have our word" Atticus states seriously.

"Our lips are sealed" Off says in behalf of him and Lucas.

"Good. I'll see you there." Mew says to both Adler and Atticus.

"The two of you, come along. I have to drop you off at Whimsical" Mew says as they jogged, heading to his Mercedes.

"Guys. Better hurry up, they're catching up" Andra says followed by typing sounds.

Although the situation was very critical, everyone sounded so calm.

They're composure was spot on.

Their headspaces was fully ready.

But deep inside, hidden under that stoic face, was the negative anxious feeling that Mew couldn't shake off.

"He'll be fine" Lucas says noticing Mew's unusual furrowed eyebrows on top of that signature stoic face.

"I know" Mew responds curtly before starting up the car and pulling up from where he parked and professionally driving in a fast pace.

Off chuckles, "it's been so long since we witnessed you driving this fast"

Mew just scowls.

In a speed of lightning, they've reached Whimsical Street, dropping off Lucas and Off at the alley where they left the other car.

Mew lowers down the car's windows and leans down a bit to see the two.

"Atticus and Adler are waiting for you at the third block. From there, you'll go straight to Chardonnay. They've already passed Grandiose. I'll take the detour and meet them up front via Golden Trout." Mew instructs briefly.

"Got it. Good luck!" Off says.

Mew was about to close the windows when Lucas called him out.

"Hey!"

"What?"

"Don't get hurt."

"You too."

And with that, Mew rolled up the windows, got back on the road and took a sharp turn. Taking the detour to Golden Trout.

"How far are they?" Mew asked through the earpiece.

"1 kilometer away from your location." Andra responds.

"Off and Lucas?"

"They're 300 meters away from Adler and Atticus" Andra states.