Part 7

Pragya was moving around, overseeing the arrangements for her daughter's 'Haldi' ceremony when she came across Sahana.

"Sahana! What are you two doing? Isn't Prachi ready yet? People from Ranbir's side can come anytime with the 'Haldi'." Pragya flicked a worried glance towards the entrance.

"Don't worry, Masi. Prachi was almost ready when I last checked. I will check again if she is ready." Sahana tried to pacify a hyper Pragya and strode away before she could berate her anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sahana pushed at their room's door but it was locked from inside. Sahana frowned, bemused. When she left her, Prachi was almost ready. She was dressed in a beautiful yellow lehenga for her haldi ceremony. She was wearing the white and pink flower ornaments when Sahana left. She ought to be ready by now. Then why had she locked the door?

"Prachi? What happened? Aren't you ready yet? Why have you locked the door?" Sahana called out.

"I...I...I am not ready yet. I don't want anyone to disturb me. Yes... that's why I locked the door. I will be out shortly." Prachi called out from the other side of the closed doors, her voice oddly nervous.

"Okay. But why are you sounding so nervous? Oh, I know. Wedding jitters?" Sahana giggled.

"Yeah...um...may be. Sahana, go now. Let me get ready in peace." Prachi's voice replied.

"Okay, okay, chill. I am going. But come out soon. Or this time Masi will come in search of you." Sahana giggled and sauntered away.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Prachi sighed in utmost relief and closed her eyes. However, she opened them again and turned around and poked the broad chest of the man in front of her with her index finger.

"Now you too leave. What were you thinking? Coming here like this? Ranbir! Go!" Prachi insisted in a low voice.

"No." The single word had so much determination that it made Prachi look at him with wide, puzzled eyes.

"But why? Ranbir, ma can come asking for me anytime." Prachi glanced at the door nervously.

"Don't worry. I will leave before that. But not before doing what I have come here to do." Ranbir grinned mischievously.

"And what is that?" Prachi glared at him.

"This" Ranbir suddenly grabbed her waist with both hands and pulled her closer, making her gasp in surprise.

Her eyes lost the glare and widened in surprise. As he leaned closer, her eyes lowered out of their own volition.

He leaned to one side and slowly and sensuously rubbed his turmeric covered cheek to her cheek, sending a shiver down her spine and causing her to tremble in his arms. Smiling, he moved back to see that she had closed her eyes due to the sheer intensity of emotions his one simple move caused within her. He leaned to the other side and repeated the action, causing her to tremble again. He watched her yellowish cheeks covered with the turmeric transferred from his own with utter satisfaction.

"Now, our haldi ceremony is complete. Now you can go out and let them put Haldi on you that will come from my home." Ranbir smiled down at her.

Prachi slowly opened her eyes and lost in the ocean of love that his eyes contained for her.

"Bye. See you in the marriage ceremony, my would be bride." Ranbir backed away, leaving her with a naughty grin and reaching the window, climbed out of it.