Prologue

Beautiful Souls

(Draft)

Prologue: 

"I like you", Emilia said, her eyes looked down the floor.

Josh's eyes wide opened, his jaw relaxed.

"You were everything I wanted to be when I grew up" She continued, did not notice his expression was changing again "You are talented and smart. You are kind, respectful, and charming. People adore your generosity and personality."

"Was that the thing you been hiding from me?"

"Yeah..." Emilia took a glimpse at his face, his eyebrows were squinted together, and his eyes glued on her.

She continued: "You are like my..."

"We are not, Emmy" He interrupted. "Don't look up to me like I was your elder sibling."

"I don't..." Emilia's eyes wandered around the room, from the table next to Josh to the piano afar in the corner.

Josh left Emilia's opposite sofa and walked toward her. Then she found him half kneeled down, his hand pulled her into an embrace.

In his arms, Emmy's head comfortably rested on his shoulder. She could smell the familiar cologne fragrance on his blue shirt, cool and fresh. She closed her eyes, let his warmth surrounded her.

"I, love, you." Josh grinned.

"Me too" She replied nonchalantly and heard Josh inhaled sharply. She could feel Josh's bicep flexed, and his arm on her back stiffen. But he did not hurt her.

"Our feelings are not the same"

"Then what is?" Emilia's left eyebrow rose.

"Emmy, I had fallen for you" Josh pulled away, then looked straight into her round brown eyes like he was finding a different answer.

Everything changed, or everything had not always the same as Emmy thought.

While she was too busy to look up to find that person she adored. Emilia never noticed that person had soon fallen down next to her.

Author notes: Thank you so much for reading, please leave your critics, I would love to improve my writing!