Part 3

Part 3

Izuku Midoriya was waiting anxiously outside Iida's door. I had to think quickly; he must have known something is up.
"Iida, Midoriya is here, should I let him in?" I said quietly through the bathroom door.
"Midoriya? Oh! I'm not ready yet, but let him know I'm here! Thanks!"
Did they make plans today?
I walked to the door and carefully opened it. Deku's usual happy face contorted to confusion and horror when he saw me instead.
"Bella! You... you didn't just sleep- at-"
"Hi Midoriya- listen it's not what it looks like-"
He began to shake lightly in confused panic.
"Midoriya, I want you to listen for a moment, please!" I implored him.
The toilet flushed loud enough for Midoriya to figure out that Iida was present.
"I am taking care of Iida while he got hit by a villain's quirk the other day. Did you see the news about the toddler villainess quirk?"
He paused for a moment to reflect on his daily research from yesterday. He lifted a finger when he remembered. "That Woman! Did she hurt Iida? Is he okay? What happened to him?!" Midoriya still wasn't assured until Iida walked out of the bathroom, fully clothed in his little outfit, confused.
"Bella? What's going on?"
I sighed. "Midoriya was very worried about you," I said as Midoriya looked antsy to meet him. I let him in and explained the situation.
"Iida is just fine, Midoriya. He is very much still himself, but younger."
"Thank gosh, you're okay! Did you escape the villainess, and how did you do it?" Midoriya questioned.
"I saved him, Midoriya," I said plainly. He stopped and turned to me, embarrassed.
"Oh! I'm sorry about that, Bella." He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.
"I was worried when Iida didn't pick up his phone after I called this morning. I wanted to talk about the villain scene last night; Midnight was giving an interview about one of her students doing a daring rescue! I didn't know it was you, Bella!"
"Well, shucks, she said that?" I asked thoughtfully. "Well yeah, I was fleeing from a different villain entirely until I saw a flash of light. I turned the corner to find Iida in a struggle with her and I knocked into her. I may have knocked her out from slamming her into a concrete wall," I said embarrassed.
"Uh, Bella? I think we should get going to the common area." Iida joined in.
"What's at the common room?" I asked.
"I have to carry out my duties and make sure everyone is alright! As long as they don't take my current circumstance, lightly, that is..." he trailed off. Izuku and I exchanged concerned glances.
"Is... is everything okay Iida?" I asked as I knelt down with Izuku.
"Uhh... uhmm..." his little voice got shaky and he looked distraught.
"Oh, sweet thing-" I could sense something really bothered him but I didn't know what.
"Come here," I offered my arms and he reluctantly accepted the hug.
"It's okay, Iida." I assured him. "Izuku and I are here to listen. We won't judge you for feeling sad or worried about something, right Izuku?" I looked to him.
"Yeah, of course! You're our good friend!" Izuku assured him.
"I-I feel so silly in this size. What if no one will take me seriously?? I need to keep everyone safe, b-but what if they don't listen because I'm a... a...."
"A child?"
"YES!" Little Iida cried and removed his glasses to clean them.
"Ohh, Iida..." I said while wiping a tear.
"You're still our coolest, class rep ever. Izuku and I will help you if someone gives you any trouble, okay?" I nodded to him and nodded at Izuku, who quickly affirmed. He sniffled a little, which prompted Izuku to grab a tissue and hand it to him carefully.
"Yes, Iida!" I brightened my tone. "You just let us know what you would like us to do, and we trust you're gonna do your very best. You're still every bit of a hero as you were in your normal state."
He wiped his little nose and looked at me with shining eyes.
"You think so?" He asked shyly.
"Yeah!" Izuku and I said assuringly as he pet little Iida on the head. I gently wiped a tear from his cheek, and gave his forehead a little kiss without thinking twice.
Wait, I just kissed his forehead... and Izuku knows I like him!
Izuku and Iida both looked surprised, but not in the horrified way I would have expected. Iida's eyes went wide before his little cheeks flushed red and he turned to me in a fashion he normally would during duties.
"Bella-Chan! Your behavior is borderline silly! This is no time to be a sitting princess!" He scolded me while trying to contain his flustered feeling. His hand chopping motion had also returned, which almost got a giggle out of me, as I found it to be rather cute.
Wow, he's returning to himself faster than I thought he would.
"Yes, class rep." I smiled and got up. His cheeks were still bright red as ever, and Izuku smiled at me silly with flushed cheeks. It looked like he wanted to say something, so I used my telepathy to see if he was thinking anything.
"Bella-Chan, that was so strange and bold! You really wanted to look after him, not just spend more time with him, after all."
I blushed a bit myself, but hid it just enough so only my appreciation of the thought showed.
"Now then, class rep. Shall we find the others?"
"Yes! We need to make sure everyone is safe and accounted for!" He gestured to the open door.
"You're the boss," I answered while letting him lead.