1.

(This book goes out to anyone who grew apart from their bestfriend)

The first day of 11th grade Indigo and Olive met up at their normal spot. Over the summer they stopped talking as much, yet Olive texted Indigo to meet up at their normal spot for the first day back. They talked about what classes they had and what they did over the summer. Eventually the bell rung and they said bye to each other.

Olive headed off to english, the only class she enjoyed. Olive loves writing. She even writes for the school paper. She has straight A's in her english class. She also enjoys photography and music. This year all her favorite classes got put together. So when the end of the school day came she was suffering. Her schedule went somewhat like english, music, photography, lunch, math, P.E. and lastly science.

Indigo went to their first class which sadly was history, their least favorite class. Indigo is a outcast hanging out with the popular girl. They are a non-binary lesbian who enjoys skating, gaming and playing electric guitar. They always got excluded from groups for being gay and non-binary but they've always had Olive by their side. They like to do risky things and explore places. They always dragged Olive around when she wasn't hanging out with the popular group.

Although the strong relationship they had the relationship also had problems. As Olive and Indigo got older they realized them growing apart. When Olive got dragged into the popular group and Indigo got pushed aside things changed. They also just changed in general. They lost the things they would talk about for hours. When the summer hit and they weren't seeing each other everyday things changed. Olive went to parties with the popular kids while Indigo went skating in the park and hanged out with their group called "the bois".

"The bois" included Marlow, Malt and lastly Indigo. The trio were bestfriends. Olive would hang out with them sometimes too. Indigo still considered Olive their bestfriend though since she had been with them for so long.

The popular kids contained of Daniel, Jasper, Clay, Chloe, Rebecca, Desiree and Olive of course. That was only the main group. Of course the whole cheer squad and football team was apart of it but those were the main people.

Indigo was in a band with "the bois". The band was called "Our thoughts are gasoline". It was mainly a rock band where Indigo played electric guitar and did the vocals while Marlow played the drums and Malt played back up guitar.

Olive was on the cheer team. She cheered at games and during the big play offs. She is one of the best cheer leaders there is. Yet she still isn't cheer captain. She's waiting til next year to become cheer captain with Chloe.

--------------Pov switch to Indigo-----------------

Classes ended and me and Olive met up again. We decided to go to a park to hang out. "The bois" also decided to come after I texted them asking to meet up. "Guys since its getting dark we should go back to the garage to practice" Malt said. "Yeah but like what about Olive" I asked. "Olive can come watch us practice. Cmon it'll be fun". "Alright".

We all headed to the garage which is the place our band practices. We took 2 seperate cars since we didn't want to go back. I was with Olive and Malt and Marlow were together. We teased them and called them M&M's because their names both started with m. Once we got to the garage me and "the bois" started getting set up. Olive was just chilling on the couch we had. The garage was Malt's garage that we set up as a studio to play music in. We started the band when we were all 15. Now 2 years later it still looks the same. The garage had a little window in the middle and a couch on the side. The garage door was closed most of the time while preforming. It was a pretty cozy space. We would also go here to hang out when it was raining. We decided on a song to play which ended up being "smells like teen spirit" by nirvana. This was the one song we had aced. So whenever someone would watch us play we would always play this song.

We hanged out and talked for awhile after practicing. Then i drove Olive and Marlow home since Malt was already home. It was around 10pm when i got home so i was exhausted. I decided to shower and get ready for bed. After my shower i put on a black band t-shirt and some shorts. It was around spring and was getting hot. It was already 80° today. Living in California isnt always the most pleasant thing. I laid down for bed and thought about what i was gonna do after high school. All i knew was that i wanted to get out of this small town. And soon after thinking more i drifted peacefully to sleep.