A Whole New Reality

Before Ben could even comprehend what was going on, his mother opened his door and called out to him. "Ben!" said his Mom. Ben walked out of his bathroom to see his mom standing in the middle of the room. "there you are, let's get you changed and ready for preschool." "changed? preschool?" this was too much to even begin to comprehend for Ben. But he still went with it anyway and walked over to his mom. She unzipped his footed pajamas to reveal brightly coloured underoos. "Did you sleep well?" his mom asked. "yes" Ben said. "that's great!" she said as she pulled off his PJs and underwear. Ben's mom then put his pajamas and his underwear in a washbin and opened his newly placed paw patrol-themed dresser and pulled out a yellow shirt and oshkosh shortalls. Mom please don't make me wear those, they are so childish.". "I'm sorry Ben but you are going to wear these whether you like it or not." his mom said. She then put them on, Ben. Ben groaned. "Come on let's go downstairs and get you some breakfast" Ben's mom said. They then both walked down the stairs, Diane holding her overgrown toddlers hand. When they got to the kitchen Benjamin was not surprised to see a booster seat (undoubtably his) and a highchair which he assumed was for his younger brother. Ben hopped up on the booster seat. Sitting on it, it made him feel that it was needed as he was at the perfect height. His mother quickly came around with a sippy cup full of milk and a plate covered with cutup pancakes that were lathered in maple syrup. On a normal occasion he would be delighted to have pancakes. But this entire situation that he had woken up in was just plain weird. "Eat up sweetie, I have to get you ready for preschool, your brother ready for daycare, and I need to get to work" said his mother. "Please stay right here while I go get your brother", she said. Quickly she walked up stairs and carried Drew down with her. He seemed to be in a much worse situation than him. He had a pacifier stuck in his mouth which he seemed to be sucking on quite contently, his diaper was disgustingly yellow and brown and smelled horrible. "Honey do you need help getting your shoes on?", said Diane. "No i'm okay" Ben replied hopping out of his booster seat feeling more nauseous by the second.