Prologue

Love!!!

I wonder how the world defines it. Is it the warmth of a person that you feel so comfortable in that you want to let go? Or is it the moment when you both sit down to watch the sunset while your fingers keep touching making your face turn red as the setting sun?

Do you feel that love should be publicly acknowledged by shouting out your feelings? Or do you think that a weekend getaway to a deserted farmhouse away from the scrutiny of society is the perfect idea of love?

Thanks to you, I was fortunate enough to experience my share of love. I enjoyed & immersed myself in each moment we were together. I cherished every day we laughed together as well as every bit of silence there was in between. I still remember when both of our hands touched for the first time. The summer afternoon. The mango shades. Two speeding heartbeats & a pair of blushing faces.

I always loved your awkward comfort. I always loved your innocent smile. I always loved how you were so worried for me, all the time. I have never seen so much love for me in someone else's eyes. Ahh, yes. Your brown eyes. They haunted me in my sleep every night. I probably should have told you about that & then teased you for the rest of our time together. Little did I know that we were running out of it.

When did it all start going wrong? How could we not see it? No, how could I not see it? How could I let that happen to you? I am a monster. No, that doesn't even justify what I did. I am a murderer. Had it not been for me, you'd still be here. Maybe not with me but still you could have lived your life. This is just not right. I have to take full responsibility. And I'll take it now.

I am a MURDERER. I am that person who killed someone not just once but twice. I have no right to keep on living as nothing happened.

Goodbye, my Love...

See you on the other side...