Part 20

Shawn's POV

I walked into Starbucks and I took my phone out opening the messages. I read through them and found the name of the drink.

I walked up to the counter.

"Welcome to Starbucks, how may I help you?"

"Hi, may I have-" I started then looked at my phone. "A venti Mango Dragon Fruit Lemonade."

"Sure, what's the name?"

"Carter."

I paid for the drink and went to the side to wait for it. This is the usual Starbucks I go to so I don't have to worry about too many people.

"Carter!"

I stepped to the counter and grabbed my drink. I left out the store and I saw Vince.

"Chanel got you drinking those too?" He asked when I dapped him up.

"Yeah, her and Ciera. You getting something?" I asked.

"Nah, I had smoothies with Dre before I dropped him off at camp." He said.

I nodded and we began walking.

"How's Chanel?" I asked.

"She has her moments still."

"Did y'all tell Andre?"

"Not yet. Chanel wants to make sure she's okay before we tell him." He said.

I nodded. "Okay, how are you?"

He looked at me and shrugged.

"I've been through it. I get it." I said.

He nodded. "It's just we didn't know so it wasn't like I was expecting anything you know. I was, am sad but of course Chanel is taking it harder. As crazy as it is she told me even though she was further along last time this one hurt worse."

I nodded. "I can see that. I know her past relationship ended toxic but with you she's happy. Andre's happy and that's all I care about."

"So you wouldn't mind if we got married?" He asked and I stopped walking.

"Not now." He said laughing. "In the future. Chanel wants to be thirty."

"Oh." I nodded and we kept walking. "Honestly, I wouldn't mind. You're a good influence on her cause you know how she can get. You stepped up to be a Father to Andre and I thank you for that."

"Andre and Chanel a package deal and she made that very clear when everything was going down." He said.

"Well you have my blessing whenever you decide to purpose." I said.

"I appreciate that." Vince said and dapped me up. "Also Andre's birthday is coming up and he wants to see the whole Harry Potter World in Orlando so I was thinking we can make it a family thing to get Chanel out of her mood."

I nodded. "Just tell me which weekend and I'll run it by Bey. I'm sure we can make that happen."

He nodded and we continued to walk and talk.

***
Damien's POV

I was sleeping peacefully when I felt someone shaking me.

"Damien, your phone." I heard Rachel say.

I rolled over and grabbed my phone and blindly answered.

"Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Hey, have you heard from Devon?"

"Ma? What time is it?" I asked.

"It's nine. I've been calling your brother for a couple days and he hasn't been answering. His ass is ignoring me." She said.