From Child to Warrior

We left the diner and entered the Coyote. Scarlett was driving, Duke was in the front passenger seat, Roadblock was behind Scarlett, Snake Eyes and Tunnel Rat were in the back, and I sat behind Duke. We were all laughing and joking, when I suddenly got an idea. I was going to redo my entire look. I needed to look like a warrior instead of a child.

When we reached the next town I headed into a drug store, they would have what I need. I bought what I needed and headed over to the motel we are staying at. Apparently I'm sharing a room with Snake Eyes, thankfully he doesn't wonder what I'm up too.

I head into the bathroom and get started. I first cut my hair to the right length, half way down my back. Then I bleach it till it's white. After it's bleached I dye a few strands light blue and light pink, allowing the two colors to mix so there is also a little bit of purple. When it's done I blow dry it and style it, now it's time to show my new friends.

I step out of the bathroom to find them all in our room. Their faces tell me they have seen my hair. "What in the world happened in there?" Tunnel Rat asked. "I changed my hair." I respond. "Wow. It looks great." Scarlett says. I smile at her. "Thank you." I tell her. They all comment on my hair saying it looks great. "I thought it was time I went from child, to warrior." I tell them. We tell each other good night and head to bed.

Like always my sleep is plagued with nightmares. Hopefully I don't wake Snake Eyes.

As the nightmares get worse I toss and turn. I moan and groan. Until finally, a blood curtailing scream forced its way up my throat, through clenched teeth, and out my sealed lips wanting to be heard by anyone.