003

8:55 pm

8:55 pm

"bye babe, don't do nothing i wouldn't do! bitch you better come back in one piece too," eve engulfed you into a tight hug, rocking the two of you back and forth. eve decided to walk y'all out to the gate to send the two of y'all off before you left for your mission.

"it was nice meeting you gojo, take care of my y/n," she flashed him a smile.

gojo nodded and gave her a smile in return, putting yalls bags in the trunk and getting into the slick black car.

"bye evie! be good!" you waved to your green haired friend and got into the backseat with gojo, headed toward the city of kyoto.

"sooooo..." gojo started.

you raised a brow at your white haired classmate, reading his face in attempt to see where the conversation was gonna go.

"you done hating me?" he asked.

you were shocked by his question, looking off to the side to gather your thoughts but your mouth beat you to it.

"i would be if i actually hated you."

"hm. good to know." he flashed a smirk at you, nodding before looking out the window. you gave him a side eye before looking out the window yourself, watching the trees and streetlights speed by.

°•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•°

3:17 am

the drive was in a comfortable silence. you had fallen asleep for majority of the drive while gojo was silently up to no good. you woke up once you felt the car stop.

"we're here. remember: report daily even if you don't find anything and if things get out of hand contact me or yaga immediately." the driver said, glancing at you and gojo through the rear view.

"will do, thank you," you said kindly as you and gojo got out the car to grab your things.

"tch. call somebody if you want to. i'm the greatest. you superiors aren't shit, have never been shit, won't ever be shit–" gojo rambled loud enough for the driver to hear. you covered his mouth before he could let anything else spew from his mouth.

you were embarrassed in every sense of the word but your friend wasn't even phased by his own words. you glanced at his eyes and saw that they were bloodshot. you furrowed your eyebrows at him, wondering how he was high when it had been a hot minute since you smoked with eve.

"are you deadass high right now?" you asked him, your hand still over his mouth. you felt him grin against your palm before nodding slowly as he dug around in the pocket of his uniform pants, pulling out a bag of some of them special snacks if you know what i mean.

you sighed and snatched the bag from him, stuffing it in your pocket. "you real life dumb as hell for that, i hope you know that." you mumbled, removing your hand from his mouth to grab your bags along with his. he let out a low giggle and leaned against the car since he was having trouble standing up straight.

you grabbed gojo's hand after apologizing and seeing the driver off before dragging your friend into the apartment that yaga and your principal had arranged for the two of you earlier since this would
be a longer than expected mission.

"cherry heaaaaad."

"what." you closed and locked the door behind y'all and set your bags down.

"your hands are pretty soft, you know." he said slyly. you turn your attention to you and your friend's intertwined fingers, not even realizing that your hands were still linked.

"shut up." you mumbled, letting go of his hand and feeling your face get hot. you walked over to the kitchen and he followed you around like a lost dog.

gojo looked at you longingly from behind the kitchen's island, studying your features as you opened the fridge and looked inside to find something to drink.

you walked back over to him with a water bottle, catching him in his trance as you opened the bottle for him.

"you look like you got somethin to say. what's on your mind?" you asked him quietly as you slid him his water. you saw that his cheeks had a little bit of a red tint to them as he gathered his thoughts.

"i know you hate me, but i think you look so pretty right now." he confessed to you. a giggle left his mouth with every couple of words and he had to lean on the countertop for support cause he couldn't even hold himself up all the way. you rolled your eyes and sighed.

"you're also high." you dully noted as you glanced at his icy blue irises that were slightly covered by his glasses.

"drunk words are sober thoughts. i'm not drunk but i'm also not high enough to not know what i'm saying." he told you and shrugged. he shuffled himself around the counter and got closer to your face, stopping so that your heads were only inches away.

"you sayin you don't feel the same?" his eyes never left yours as he waited for an answer.

"boy, move. i never said anything." you pushed his face away from yours before he got any smart ideas. "it's almost 4, i'm takin my ass to bed. you needa do the same." you told him as you got your bags along with his, taking it to your shared room. he followed you into the room, going through his bag to put some night clothes on after you went in the restroom to change into something comfortable.

"we go to the school around 2. there's rumors of a grade 2 curse lurking in this area during the day and yaga wants us to take care of that first." you told him as you walked out the bathroom. gojo was already in sweatpants with a muscle shirt and you couldn't help but eye his figure as his back faced you while he fixed up his sheets to his liking.

"you staring like you getting paid for it." he caught you in your trance without even turning around which made you scoff. "but yea, i got it cherry head." gojo turned to wink at you before getting in his bed.

"mmtch maaaaan whatever." you said as you got into your bed, falling asleep as soon as your head hit the pillow.

a/n: hey baes the next chapter will be a flashback from when they were kids just in case you get confused on the setting! also y/n is older than gojo by 2 ish months; the flashback will be from y/n's 7th birthday so keep that in mind as u read besties

— WORD COUNT: 1071