The Beginning

He was just the way she imagined. It was not a twist of fate that got her here, it was the way he manipulated the very way time moved or patterns played out. The scarily handsome face of a mass manipulator. He was the very mask he put on, he played the part well, he was not someone you should mess with.

"Have you got the package?" he whispered as he slid into the bar stool next to her. This was not what she expected herself to be doing on a Friday night. Sharing drinks with a stranger in a downtown LA bar. The last thing she thought she would be doing was smuggling a package under her dress to a very dangerous man and his wife. 

"Why do you sound so sure I wouldn't show?" he cocked his head to the side not giving her his full attention. 

"Well do you have it?" Now that was a very loaded question. Her florist husband had asked her specifically to pick up a small package of flowers from some private dock. That was before he got shot, that is. The bastard had never cared about his wife, but she knew one day the debt from the under the table dealings would one day catch up to her naïve husband, it was only a matter of time. 

"Come on Lucifer, I wouldn't be so stupid to think you would let me go home alive if I didn't give it to you. Especially after your men were so kind to stop and give me a visit after my lovely dearly departed husband died."

"Now, Now Cordelia no need to get your panties in a knot. You still are alive aren't you? My coworkers are rather friendly and were just making sure that you hadn't forgotten about your sweet husbands debts."

"I wouldn't usually consider getting tied to a kitchen counter friendly, but with your groups track record I will consider myself lucky."

"Lucky indeed. If I had been there I would have not been able to contain myself, once my lovely wife would catch whiff of that... bye bye Cordelia."

"That is disgusting. Must you be so smug? I never wanted to be involved with your crew. My stupid husband..."

"Your late husband must I remind you."

"Fine my stupid late husband has made sure I have inherited all his debt, now I have to dig myself out of it."

"Dig yourself out of it? You are rather stupid aren't you? You will never, mark my words dig yourself out of this. Your dear husband managed to launder a large sum of my money and resources out of the country. I don't think you understand the weight of your situation."

"But you said the package..."

"Sweet, innocent Cordelia, the package is only the beginning."

Old money suggests the fact that a large sum of money has passed down from relative to relative. These old family names and there old money get away with murder and run the underground markets and whatnot. 

The Morningstars money were quite different. Instead of being passed down from generation to generation the Morningstars money can barely be traced over 5 years. Instead of a steady rise to power the Morningstars were quite different, taking the undergound markets and becoming its king and queen in barely an hour. They got undying support from even the most evil and despicable criminals.

It was dreary Tuesday morning when the one and only Lucifer Morningstar walked in on her making coffee in her pajamas in the kitchen. The gun had not even made a sound as he pointed  it at his sweet, innocent Cordelia. She turned around just as the gun went off. BAM. A flag came out of the barrel. A toy gun.

"Holy shit, what the fuck are you doing here and with a gun?"

"A toy gun" he corrected her.