CHAPTER 18

“So which movie do you wanna watch” Abhi says
The pulao is done and served along with a side of salad, papads and pickle. We settle down on the couch and open Netflix.
“How about Fifty Shades of Grey. It seems like a good movie.” I know exactly the kind of movie it is. I’ve read all 3 books. I just wanna see what he says. “You’d wanna watch that. I thought you were a good girl.”
“Oh no. Good girls are the bad girls that haven’t been caught. Anyways I didn’t wanna watch it. Me and the girls promised we’d watch it later. You suggest something”
“Fine. It’s a series. Animated actually. It’s called The Miraculous Adventures of Ladybug and Cat Noir.”
He wants to see a cartoon show. I wanted to laugh but I just said, “Sure let’s see that.”
==================
After having watched half of season 1, I was hooked. That show is so damn good. I was washing the dishes and he was helping me dry them. There was music playing from the home system.
“So have you got your dress for the dance?”
“Nope. Me and the girls are gonna go with our moms. I am honestly  so nervous for the dance. I have tons to do. I have to place orders for the food. Me and dad are gonna go on Sunday. Not to mention that I don’t have a clue how to dance and I’m gonna make a complete fool out of myself.”
“I know a way to help you.”
We were done with the dishes anyway. He took my hand and led me to the family room. The room was filled with the heavenly vocals of Niall Horan as he kept This Town, one of my absolute favorites. He put one hand on my waist and the other on my right hand. I put one hand on his shoulder. We swayed gently to the music, our eyes locked.

If the whole world was watching
I’d still dance with you
Drive highways and byways
To be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you

It was as if he cast a spell and I was bewitched. My usual chatty self was keeping her mouth shut. He knew how to lead and I knew how to follow. The whole world had stopped in time. It was only me and him, him and me dancing.
The song got over as we stopped dancing. He has a smirk on his face as he comes closer and whispers in my ear, “Your welcome”