CHAPTER 28: Sinful Kiss [✔]

CLAIRE’s P.O.V.

“Wife...”

        His eyes were now open, not wide enough but I know that he can see me.

“Am I d-dreaming?” he asked, smiling to himself. “You look beautiful as ever... I’m sorry for hurting you... I’m sorry...”

         I stiffened as he slowly brushed his fingers to my cheeks, wiping my tears away. Is this true? I felt guilty for a moment, knowing that I didn’t listen to him earlier... I should have patiently waited for his response. I shouldn’t have let my stupid emotions get in the way of our relationship.

“Please don’t cry...”

“Claire! The cab is ready!” Elijah rushed to us.

         Darren slowly drowned off to sleep again. I help Elijah assist him inside of the cab. We’re both quiet the whole trip, no one wants to utter another word. Until finally, we reached the Herrera residence.

        As the maids help us to bring Darren to his room, Elijah finally found his tongue again and talk to me.

“I’m sorry for disturbing you, Claire. I just didn’t know what to do anymore. Do you want me to take you home?” he asked.

“That’s fine... And I can take care of myself. You can go now, Elijah... I’m staying here for a moment.”

        He nodded, before stepping in to his car. I waved at him, his vehicle moving away from my direction. After that, I decided to climb up the stairs to see Darren. He’s still there, laying unconsciously on his bed.

        I got some clothes from his closet before removing his current attire. I also asked the maids for some basin with cold water and a towel for him. Gladly, they provided it all without any hesitation.

         After I fixed him up, I decided to went home already. Maybe Dad is already wondering right now where on the earth I could be. Also, I don’t want to be here when Darren wakes up.

“Please take care of him... I need to went home right now,” I told to one of their maids.

“Mrs. Herrera? Why are you going home? Did Sir Darren and you fought that bad?” they asked curiously.

“Maybe... I’m sorry but I couldn’t tell any more details to all of you... I just... I need to get going.”

         They nodded their heads before letting me leave the house. I’m sure that Darren will also find out about me coming over to Herrera residence because if their maids. Though it didn’t bother me that much.

          When I got home, Dad and Alexa are now eating dinner. They invited me to eat and I’m glad that Dad didn’t ask anything about what happened yet.

         After Alexa finished her meal, Dad finally got the chance he needs to ask me about what happened. I thought that he would be mad at me again, but he didn’t.

“I’m sorry for telling lies, Dad.”

“You don’t have to be sorry. Before you ask for my permission, I already knew that something is up. But still, I let you do what you want. It’s your life, anyway. Though I still didn’t want to see you regretting all of this in the end...”

         I looked down, feeling guilty for my Dad and sorry for myself. What if Darren doesn’t really love me? But what if he does? I don’t know what to believe anymore.

         Monday passed. It’s already Tuesday and despite the fact that rain had poured heavily yesterday, the surroundings were now bright and sunny. It is perfect to have a walk on the park or something... But I couldn’t do it, for one main reason. That park wasn’t just a place for me to relax now... It was a special place for Darren and I.