Moon Conjuring - (1/2)

(Author's Message: Happy Pride Month everyone! The Owl House Season 2 will premiere on June 12. Some people got some early tickets to watch the first two episodes early.

This means that there will most likely be people spoiling these two episodes. If you are watching the episodes early, PLEASE make sure not to spoil anything for anyone. And if you are, use hashtags saying "#TOHspoilers")

Part 1...

Gus's POV:

We were sitting down on a bench, we were at the park. Willow was feeling a bit down since Amity didn't invite us to her sleepover. Today was a moonlight conjuring. I really don't know how Willow was expecting Amity to invite us over to her house.

I mean, okay, Amity is friends with Luz, but she hasn't really talked to us. She did help me with my books the other day, but she's mainly around her friends and Luz. To be honest, it seems they--Luz and Amity--have a thing going on.

Luz came over after seeing Willow's dreary face. She asked what was wrong, and after I explained why Willow was feeling so low right now, she asked what a moonlight conjuring is.

A moon(light) conjuring is an annual ritual among us witches. Every once a year, some kind of celestial alignment occurs and this causes the moon to maximize its magic. We play some games, tell stories, listen to music, and do other things.

Apparently, this is similar to something humans do. One of the differences is that they can do it whenever they want. Also, they don't have magic in their world, so the moon doesn't really do anything.

You can also animate things, you can make them move! But sadly we need three people to do that. Luz told us she was officially inviting us over to the owl house. That we could stay for the night if we wanted.

My dad never minded if I stayed over at one of my friend's houses. Willow's dads didn't mind that either, so all we had to do was tell them where we would be staying for tonight. Eda wouldn't be at The Owl House for tonight and she never minded visitors.

It turned out Luz was here wandering around since Eda was getting some kind of elixir for...her curse, I think Luz said? Anyways, I took out my bucket list and crossed out "moon conjuring" While I made my way back home to see my dad.

Once it was night time, I went to Willow's house so we could make our way to The Owl House. Luz opened the door for us and we hugged each other. Apparently, Eda had left with King to do something, just like she said earlier at the park. Before doing anything, we watched a movie, but only like half of the movie.

We stopped and Luz asked how this conjuring was supposed to work. Willow said we could pick something, anything. After that, we had to do a ritual. I suggested using a figurine that I found of a buff-man. Willow wanted something more "beautiful" like a plant, but I begged to use the figurine which Luz agreed to use. In the end, Willow was okay with it, she really didn't mind.

"Moonlight, we call, we sing"

We started the ritual. We hold hands together before doing this. I placed the buff-man on the floor while we formed a circle to do this. Luz wasn't saying the words Willow and I were saying since she didn't want to mess up, and because she didn't know the words.

"Moonlight, take this chance.

Moonlight, come tie the string.

Moonlight, start the dance!"

There was nothing. Nothing happened. I heard Hooty saying something but I was barely able to hear what the owl tube said. Next thing we know, it feels like the floor is moving. I know it's not time for me to think about this, but I remember reading that humans call this an "earthquake".

Luz: "What the heck was that?!"

Willow: "I think...I think we might have animated the house by accident"

Luz: "The house? How?"

Willow and I just looked at her not knowing what to say. I managed to stand up and went outside. The house had grown legs...it grew legs...it grew legs! I was about to fall off since the house started moving--more like walking. Luz and Willow managed to grab my arms before I fell.

Luz: "Hooty! Hooty! What are you doing?"

Hooty: "By the power of moonlight, I have risen, hoot-hoot"

Hooty made some kind of wrong-move when walking and that made me almost fall off again. Luz and Willow grabbed my hands and Luz ordered for Hooty to stop. Somehow, he stopped after she said that. Willow noticed that he did what she demanded him to do when we grabbed each other's hands, so we did that once again.

From the distance, Willow saw Boscha talking with a bird in her hand. The bird then flew off and Boscha continued walking. Willow and I thought it would be a great idea to scare her since we could pretend the house is talking, or something like that. Luz wasn't really sure if it would work, but in the end, she was down to it.

End of Part 1...