Skara's 18th

Skara's POV:

I opened the doors and jumped up and down in excitement. Today I was finally going to be 18! I had my invitations ready to give to the people I wanted to invite over to my birthday party. It would be mainly the girls, my boyfriend and girlfriend, and Amelia. One of my cousins would be here as well.

Skara: "Hey, girls!"

Boscha: "Hey, S. Why so excited?"

Skara: "Today's my birthday!"

I gave them the invitations, they were butterflies! Boscha just looked at my invitation with a not-so-expressive-face, Amity said 'Happy Birthday' to me and then continued reading the book she had with her.

Skara: "Invite only, but you witches are my VIP's"

Amity: "I really like how the butterflies are the invites"

Skara: "Thanks! My dad made them. You only turn 18 once"

Boscha: "You turn every age once, Skara"

Boscha then continued finding what kind of nails she found that best fit her. We didn't have much time to talk since class started, but I was able to give the other invitations during short breaks.

These days Amity has been hanging out a lot with the human girl. I know Boscha hates that girl, but I still decided to invite her as well so I could get to know her.

Amity isn't what I would call the most social person outside of studying, so I'm sure she became friends with the human for a reason. I mean, she does look like a nice person even though she's from a different realm.

My parents even thought it would be nice to have a human come to my birthday party. They are so nice, I couldn't ask for better parents! They like to meet new people and learn about them, they're different from Boscha. She's more of the "bullying anyone who doesn't fit in with me" kinda witch...she has to work on that at some point.

I told Amity that the human was coming--at lunch time of course, when Boscha and Cat were not around--and she kinda panicked at first, what's up with that? Eh, maybe she is into the human, good thing they are both gonna be there then!

Finally, it was around 5 pm. My parents would go somewhere after everyone got here to the party, so I would basically have the house to myself to share with the others. Boscha, Amity, Amelia, and Cat were the first ones to get here.

Skara: "Hey, girls. Welcome to the party!"

Amelia: "Happy birthday, S! We bought you a gift"

I opened the gift since I couldn't wait. There were some shirts that I've been wanting for months now, and a bracelet that had my name in gold. Amity said the three of them put some of their money for the bracelet and the shirts, those things are almost the most expensive things in the Boiling Isles!

Skara: "Thank you, girls! I really appreciate your gift"

Boscha: "No problem"

Amity: "Hey, someone's knocking on the door"

I opened the door, and my cousin was there, I was so happy to see him! I haven't seen him in a long time, in years honestly. We live kinda close, but we study in different schools and we never visit each other. He gave me as a gift a t-shirt that I wanted so much as a kid!

Boscha: "You're...Skara's cousin, right?"

Kay: "Call me Kay, it's short for Kayla"

Everything was going great so far, the only problem was that my cousin was...um--flirting too much with Amity. She was over there suffering while Boscha and Amelia gossiped about kids at school.

I told Kay to give Amity a break, that the party wasn't for her to find her soulmate, but she continued to bother Amity anyways. In the end, Amity threatened Kayla with her fire spell, which made her stop flirting.

A few minutes later, Luz and my partners came. Luz got me a shirt saying "The Bad Girl Coven", she said that she couldn't find anything else and she ran out of time, I really liked it though! Bo and Leo, my partners, got me a necklace with the first letters of my name and last name.

Everything went by well. I got to know Luz more, I spent time with my friends, and...Boscha kinda drank too much apple blood. I mean, she's already 18, so I guess that's okay? But she did get a bit...--basically, the apple blood did kind of have an effect on her.

Nothing much happened after that, we just ate some cake that my aunt made and then we all went home. Well, let's just say Luz and Amity did decide to go and help Boscha get home safely, because you know.

After this, I cleaned up, there wasn't really that much of a disaster, but I still had to clean everything up before my parents got home.