Chapter #1

I'm holding my palms against the surface of some blood that Shirley Devin put inside of a change bowl, and when I finally dunk them in fully I can feel out some quarters that the guy dropped there before he was viciously murdered by Shirley.

And I thought, she would surely not regain any of that purity back today with her deeds of not only eating the chocolate bar the poor guy had planned to buy before his death to her threading the clerk with the same future. So when she wanted to join me to gain her purity back I pushed her away when her hands tried to join me in the blood bath.

The cops would be here any minute now so we were here on borrowed time.

"Or try that one," Shirley is sitting on the counter with her legs hanging off and swinging carelessly.

She is scrolling on her brand new phone for things you could say during a ritual that would cleanse your soul, and so far they were either complete tongue twisters or just silly sounding altogether. Nothing that made me feel redeemed so far, but she isn't giving up yet.

"Forgive me, my lord. When I sip from this dirty juice that once belongth to a man," She makes a puking face. "When I kiss a sexy beauty thereafter, so cleanse me!"

"That was definitely not written there," I say, because I'm the one with trust issues after all and not Shirley. God, I still couldn't believe that she had trusted me all this time while I mistook her calmness for being prepared of me eventually choking her to death. Prepared of me killing her because I am obviously such a sociopath that sacrifices other people for their blood and kills them. Which, maybe I do those things but I would never do them to her. There's a difference.

"Worth a try?"

"I'm not sipping this," I point with a blood soaked finger, realising how stupid that must've looked while saying it. But drinking it was most definitely a whole different story than just touching it. So, not stupid.

"Stayeth impure then," Shirley pouts. Shortly after the game she had paused fills the gas-station yet again with its obnoxiously loud noise—meaning, she has finally given up on me.

"Fine," I say, taking the bowl and holding it against my mouth. I can feel the acid bubbling in stomach as soon as I smell the irony scent right beneath my nose with the prospect of tasting it. And when it swaps over my tongue, there's enormous effort involved of suppressing the retch that I emit from my offended throat.

But I've got a vision that heats me up and I might have just realised where the saying comes that wine is jesus' blood. I slam the empty bowl down and start walking with purpose toward the counter where I would be awaiting my beauty, but as I am stepping over the corpse Shirley says, "That's right, fuck him."

"What, I thought you meant beauty as in...you."

"I'm no beauty," Shirley teases.

"Neither is he," Before I realise that this sounded like I agreed with her previous statement she has already jumped off the counter, giving me a hard look.

"Before I do this," I say, agonised, squatting over the corpse's crouch. "I think you're very beautiful, Shirley."

She rolls her eyes, resting her case.

I start unbuckling the belt that her victim had put on this morning to keep himself secure from the possible scenario of his pants falling to his feet, when the real security flaw was the people that he would meet that day. Not only could they unmake the belt and rape his corpse but they could also stab him while he was paying for a snack.

I pray to god that I am a worthy enough of a snack when a hand takes my hood in a choke-hold and pulls me on my feet.

"You would actually fuck a corpse? For me?"

My eyes immediately drop to her mouth and I feel myself drawing closer and closer to them like a black hole sucking me in. "Anything,"

Her arms snake around my neck, still holding tightly onto the sweater. She leans in. I move my lips against hers, feeling heat tear at my cheeks when there's a series of wails coming from the parking lot.

She pushes me off, "Runth, Bloodchugs."