Chapter 1

"But dad!" I argued. "I'm ready, you just don't believe I am."

"Melody, you're not fighting me on this. It's not safe for you."

"Dad, I'll be fine! Don't you trust me?" I asked.

"Baby girl, of course I do. I'm just trying to keep you safe."

"If you trust me, then prove it! Let me go on missions, let me risk my life like you do." I said getting up.

"No, Melody. I'm sorry, but your safety is one risk I am not willing to take." He said. "Now, will you just bear with me on this one?"

"That's what you said last time, and the time before that." I said.

"I see your point.'" He said. I wished he'd just trust me. I knew he was doing it for my benefit but damn was it hard to please him. I tried everything, from straight A's, to graduating top of my class from the Avengers Academy. I knew I was ready. He just didn't believe it.

"See dad? I have a very good point.'' I fought. He sighed.

'Melody, I understand where you're coming from, but I'm sixteen. You've been cottling me like I'm still a baby since I was two. What the hell do I have to do to prove I'm ready?' I begged. He shook his head.

"Melody. Listen to me, I know you want to go out on missions with us but the risk is too great. I'm doing it for your own good." He attempted to reason with me but I shook my head.

'No, dad. I'm not going to let you try the whole 'I'm trying to protect you' bit with me again. Because that's your answer every time. I'm sorry but I can't sit by and watch you risk your life anymore!' I snapped. He stood there silent for a minute, then spoke.

"Mel, I didn't realize that's how you felt. But as an Avenger, it's my job to risk my life for the good of the world. Not to mention, your powers are still unpredictable. We don't know what you're actually capable of.' He explained. I shook my head.

'Fine, I'll be in my room if you need anything.' I said, and left. He doesn't trust me enough to fight alongside him. Bullshit he's trying to protect me. I hate that. When I got back to my room, I flopped on my bed and sighed. I layed there for a while, and then heard a knock on my door.

"Melody?" I heard Thor asked. "I heard everything." He said coming in my room and sitting on my bed.

'Of course you did.'

"I might know someone who can help you. My brother Loki is a skilled sorcerer. He can teach you to control your powers,'' Thor told me. I sat up and looked at him.

"Could he really?' I asked. He smiled.

'He can. He is the god of mischief after all.'' Thor said. I smiled.

'Does this mean I can finally see Asgard?' I asked

'Yes Melody, you can see Asgard.' He said with a laugh.

'Awesome!' I was ecstatic. I was told, Asgard was a beautiful place, breathtaking even. With it's beautifully constructed building, and it's beautifully kept gardens. And don't get me started on the gowns they wore. They were beautiful. I looked up at Thor and smiled.

"I can't wait."

'We leave tomorrow,'' He said. I smiled and nodded, then he left. I packed my most ornate dresses I owned, most of them from parties thrown at the tower, then I got into bed and drifted off to sleep, my dreams filled with Asgard, and the prince Loki.

Author's Note: WE'RE BACK BITCHES!  Loki is making his dramatic return in the first book in another Series I'm writing. Speaking of, Shamless plug time! If you haven't read Secrets in the trees and Bloodlust yet go do so!!! You need to read Secrets in the trees first though. I'm sorry chapter 1 is so short. Google Doc's concept of Long and Wattpad's concept of long are totally different lol. Welp, for the first time as a High school graduate, Signing off!

XOXO, Alyssa <3