21 September 2012

21 September 2012

Dear someone, 

I apologize that I haven’t written in a few days. Last time I did, it was a Monday and now it’s a Friday. I usually like Fridays, but not particularly this Friday.

You see, I went back to school today. I didn’t want to because I still feel so much pain. But Mum says I have to be strong and that’s what I’m trying to be…strong. And it isn’t easy. It’s never been easy. This sickness isn’t easy. It’s tearing me apart.

My doctor says I should enjoy these next few days in school because at the end of this month, I’ll be in the hospital until who knows when. The thought frightens me and I try so very hard not to think about it. I usually end up thinking about it anyways. 

At school, my chemistry teacher had given away my seat to the new kid in class. I don’t know her name or where she came from and to be perfectly honest, I hardly care. All I know is that she took my spot. The same spot that had me sitting next to Tallis – a boy I have liked since I was twelve. Instead of our endless conversations about the many things a person could make with Nutella spread, she was giggling at his jokes which I knew to be awful. He had never been funny; even so, that’s precisely what had me like jelly in his hands. I realized then, in my new seat at the back of the class that I would never live up to the new girl’s level or any other girl’s. I wasn’t them.

I’m not pretty enough. I’m not smart enough. I’m not talented enough. I’m not anything enough to be loved. But I am stupid enough to keep wishing for the same person that walks past me like I’m a ghost. He doesn’t know that in a few months’ time, I will be.

Sincerely yours,

Georgia Watson