Somebody To Love

author: LOVERVMINS (orphan_account)

word count: 125.272

chapters: 29

summary:

Falling in love with another man during the 1950s was never something Taehyung or Jeongguk envisioned. Especially not when they were both married and had beautiful wives.

Or, The story of two lovers who were never meant for each other, but destiny found its way anyway.

Status: Complete

top tae - bottom jk 

Comments:

There is no way that I wasn't going to put comments on this one lol. In fact, I have so much to say, that it's like my thoughts are all over the place, so I'm going to numerate them:

1. It was obvious already from the summary, that it was going to have angst, and noticing that it's quite long, your girl here was postponing it a lot 😂 It's like, I did want to read it because I found it interesting and I saw that a lot of people liked it, but if I'm going to read some heavy angst I have to be in the right mood and mindset. So, months passed, until one day, I saw on Instagram a fan video of jk, and it was a compilation of photos of him in "vintage" filter with the song "runaway" from aurora in the back. I saw that the one who published the video put: you just found this pictures, now imagine your pov. So, what do I do then? Go to the comments. And there I saw: You're Kim Taehyung in Somebody To Love. And I thought "this is the moment" (love being dramatic sometimes too much)

2. Now, talking about the story: I honestly thought that there was going to be much more angst. Let me explain. With all the fics that I have read, I came to the conclusion that there are two types of sad stories: the one that you suffer from the very beggining to almost the very end (like for example: I bloomed for you) and the one that while you are reading it's somewhat normal the level of angst (there are a lot of happy moments), and at the end it destroys you. As you can already guess, this story is the second one. There is only angst in the last three/four chapters.

3. The thing that I loved the most and felt like I had to mention, it's the evolution, the bravery and the journey of finding his true self that jungkook's character had. 

4. And, last but not least, if you already like the song "Can't help falling in love" by Elvis Presley, you are doomed. I had to take it out of my playlist because it was listening to it, and start crying :)

So, in other words, this story left a mark on me, and I loved it.