Chapter 1: If only

Hinata's last three words were "Live without Regrets."

How was Kageyama supposed to live with the most important person in his life now gone?

Even if he wanted to go and follow the latter, he couldn't break his promise. Maybe it was time to move on, start a new life, and accept that fate just put Hinata and Kageyama in the same place for a short amount of time.

But it still didn't change the fact that Kageyama loved Hinata more than his life. If only he knew, what could've happened if he wasn't ignorant and kept digging the hole-finding the exact reason why Hinata left?

Kageyama took a deep breath and let the breeze flow into his skin, he stood for quite some time reminiscing Hinata's face and presence in the whole station, the first time he met him and the last time.

I...will not go after him.

Kageyama was quiet when he went home. Day by day he would always peek into Hinata's old house doing the same routine over and over again, his parents came back but he didn't care either way. He apologized and talked to them straight, after that they left again.

In the end, Kageyama was all alone.

Bored, Kageyama raced with himself and ate the last onigiri at the convenience store where Hinata used to work.

Moving on is so freaking hard.

It was their habit, hanging out after work and playing volleyball. Kageyama went to the park, staring at the Mikasa ball Hinata gave to him. It was full of writings, wishes, and other things he couldn't read.

Spring passed and Kageyama quit his work. It was useless if he wasn't happy, doing the same thing without the person he loved was boring. He couldn't move on. And to live without regrets, he had to start a new life independently.

Nightfalls were different without Hinata now. As Kageyama stared at the sky, he crossed his arms around himself to feel the warmth his body gave him, making him miss Hinata's presence.

"I miss you, dumbass," Kageyama mumbled, his lips barely twitching.

3 years had passed since Hinata left the prefecture. Kageyama became a whole different person, or so he thought. It was because Hinata cut his ties with him, not leaving a single presence and trace of him with Kageyama. They never interacted, there was no closure. It was as though Hinata just passed through Kageyama's life to change it.

He was absolutely surprised because of that to the point where he attempted to find him. However, he always remembered how much Hinata desperately wanted to go and leave him. It made Kageyama think that it was the end and Hinata didn't want to see the one he once loved.

Kageyama pulled his luggage, heading to the familiar place where he hadn't been able to go for a long time. He instantly recalled his frustration when he was heading there years ago when he forgot his wallet. The regret that changed his life.

Kageyama's phone buzzed with a notification-a message. He had been through a lot these past months but it still felt innovative. The social interaction who wasn't Hinata, trying new things alone, and playing the sport he used to love again.

From: Hirugami Fukuro-san

10:20 a.m 06/20/18

Hey, Kageyama-kun! Are you sure you're not coming with us? Someone's very noisy here! He's looking for you!

A small smile formed upon his lips, appreciating the concern of his current team captain. He thought about what was happening on the team's bus right now, the usual loud and noisy teammates before the match and as quiet as the night worn-out players after playing on a long day.