Chapter one

I run down the busy streets of Rome, my heels clicking as I do, carefully not trying to spill my tea. Most people who wear heels would probably find it uncomfortable running in them however, I don't mind. I'm used to it now. Given the fact that I am bad with my time management, I've had to run for many taxis before. As I am getting closer to my destination I now slow down my pace as the huge office buildings enter my sight.

I hit the lift button, as I catch my breath. You never know what you're going to be walking into when you enter the office. Everyday is always different as there are always new clients or projects. Today I was told we would be having something new... and exciting. I'm assuming that means we will be having a new client, but who knows? As my boss always says 'expect the unexpected'.

As the lift doors opened I was met with none other than my boss, Kean Etro, and his friendly smile. He is the creative director of Etro, which means any designs I make he has either put the idea in my head through his own vision or he has put the stamp of approval onto it. "Ah, Sofia, it's lovely to see you. How are you? I haven't seen you in person in ages. You really should come to the main office in Milan more. Are you ready for your new project? I think you'll really like this one," he says as his thick Italian accent comes out.

"From my limited knowledge about the project I am very excited for it. Everyone keeps on raving about someone amazing and different coming," I respond.

"Sorry I couldn't tell you more earlier. We were still discussing details about it and I didn't want to get your hopes up for them just to cancel. But, luckily they didn't. So, have you heard of the band Måneskin?" he asks, as we enter my office. I nod slowly, as I take a sip of my tea. "Great because they have been in contact and they would like Etro to design their costumes for their upcoming tour. Well more specifically, they've requested you design them. They've seen your work and have all instantly fallen in love with it."

"Holy shit! That's amazing!" I say as Kean chuckles slightly,

"So what do you say? Will you design for them?" he asks even though he is pretty sure of the answer already. I reply with a quick nod and a wide smile. "Great because they'll be here in 10 minutes. Gather your team in one of the boardrooms and make sure they all have their notebooks because you guys are going to need to take down their measurements and ideas for outfits."

I immediately take off my jacket and place my bag down getting all the necessities I'll be needing. I also grab my tea which has probably gone cold by now. "Oh yeah Sofia. One more thing. I just want to say how proud I am of you. You really deserve this opportunity and I'm sure everyone apart of Etro will agree. You are so talented and have achieved so much for such a young lady," I smile as Kean says such kind words. That means so much coming from him and he knows that. He was the one that believed in me and decided to take me under his wing. Given I'm only twenty one he has made me able to experience such amazing things.

I part ways with Kean and open the door to the boardroom, seeing most of my design team sitting in chairs around the table. Whilst the others have gone to get their belongings for the meeting. I sit down at the head of the table as I greet everyone in the room. "Ok guys. Today is a very important day. This is the first time we will be meeting måneskin so whatever ideas they have write down as they are important. Whether or not you think they're are stupid or not write them down because we have to get a idea of what type of outfits they are looking for. I'm sure you've seen their unique style before and I want to make sure you guys keep that going throughout all the designs. I don't want to sound vain but since they asked for me to design the outfits I will have to at least approve every design before we show them. But I'm sure they will all be amazing" I get a small response of agreement from each of them as everyone from my team has now sat down in their seats. "Lastly, remember to just have fun. This is an amazing opportunity that I know all of you individually are capable of doing. Try not to stress too-" I get interrupted from a small buzz and a voice from the intercom.