CHAP. 17 ON THE QUEST OF A BAD IDEA

A/N:  First, a quick shoutout and the greatest of thanks to my readers and subbies, especially to those in India and The Philippines since most of my readers are from there.  (Infinite POLCA smooches to everybody! 😘) 

I'm truly amazed this annoying little story of mine has reached over 2,000 reads.  I find this crazily awesome since when I started this, I expected my readers to barely reach past a few 10's.  So celebrate, I appealed to the powers of the POLCAverse, and started working on another TayNew short story, that's a little inspired by my real life, and hopefully I can drop the first chapter within the next two days. (I hope you like umbrellas. Literally!)

Second, I apologize for the delay in updates. As always, life happens and I get distracted and delayed.  Thanks for your patience. Feel free to send me your virtual hand smacks and spankings. I must truly serve my penance. 

In the meantime...

My hands are already presented for a spanking on this one;  第17章

*****

"New...?"

Earth Pirapat was starting off his Friday headed off to his office, maneuvering through the busy Bangkok traffic, humming along to an old song by Nont Tanont, when his phone rang and he answered, only to be met with a ragged sigh, then...

"I fucking relapsed E!"

"Shiiiiiiiiit!"  Earth immediately turned the stereo down turned down the music on his car stereo as soon as heard the distress in New's voice. 

He knew exactly what relapse meant.

New was an occasional drinker, wouldn't be caught dead or pill popping of any sort, and had no obsessively destructive or addictive habits, except for one particular thing.

A.K.A one particular person.

Earth groaned in frustration and immediately made a sharp right turn. 

"I'll be there in a few minutes..."

"Earth...  That's silly as heck ... you really don't have..."

Earth scoffed. "The fuck I don't...!  A few minutes!"

***

Yesterday on Thursday evening, New was sprawled languidly on his couch, oddly finding himself watching the lakorn Rai Sanesha, only because one of the supporting actors reminded him a certain annoying ad account manager.   After a while, he decided he wasn't in the mood for a story about an aunt psychotically obsessed with trying to steal her niece's lover, and opted to watch the Chinese movie named Double World instead. 

Somewhere in the middle of a scene that involved fighting over spikes on chains, while dodging giant balls of death, he wondered if Tay might want to see this movie, and decided to save it for them to watch later.  He'd only known him a short time, but being around Tay was...

Comfortable.

And it was nice.

A different kind of nice. 

Hanging out with his best friends, working with them on a constant basis, was basically like dodging a minefield of Neen reminders, but with Tay, Neen was practically out of sight out of mind.  

And he greatly appreciated it.

Many a time in these past few months, he had absentmindedly walked into work smiling over Tay-isms, and for him that was better than moping over his shortcomings with Neen.