15 ➳ The Decision

**unedited**

Makoto left pretty early after the sudden turn of events. I knew he was uneasy and I was so confused at what had just happened. I had no idea how our relationship was going to unravel. We both loved each other, but I wasn't so sure of wanting to be with him now. I lied on my bed for several hours, tossing and turning, and scrolling through messages on my phone from Rin and my parents.

Can't wait for Friday! -Rin

I most definitely could wait. I turned myself over on my bed, letting out an exasperated sigh and placed my hand upon my chin, pondering a decision for Wednesday.

Ultimately, I needed to go to my swim meet, and I knew that but the memory of last night was sticking with me forever. I rolled over on my bed and got up, stretching my arms. I had to let Alyssa know by today. I reached over to grab my phone from the bedside table and opened up a conversation with Alyssa. It consisted of numerous emojis of me explaining the relationship I had unofficially established with Makoto. She was fully supporting me, but I knew she was leaning towards the swim meet.

"This meet determines your spot in the Olympics," she had texted. "I respect your decision overall, but as your coach, I highly recommend the meet."

Hey, Alyssa, I texted. I've been thinking about it for a long time, and I'm going to come to the meet. I just want to participate in my events and then I'll be going to the carnival. I promised a lot of my friends that I'd be there, but of course my career comes before them. Thanks for the reminder. I took a deep breath and hit the send button, the anxiety leaving me.

Ding-dong! The doorbell. I jumped to my feet and walked towards the door. Peering through the hole, I caught a glimpse of Makoto.

"Oh shit." I ran my fingers through my messy black hair and straightened my glasses. Opening the door, he was leaning against the brick wall holding a textbook.

"Hey!" He greeted, as if nothing completely out of the ordinary had happened last night. "Is it okay if I study at your place?"

"Just move in," I muttered under my breath.

"Huh?"

"Nothing!" I closed the door behind him and headed into my room. "I'm just gonna change, I'll be right back."

"Why? You look fine." I stopped in my tracks and shook my head. I was literally wearing sweatpants and some gross T-shirt I'd found in the back of my closet.

"I look like I just woke up," I complained.

"Well I think you look amazing as always," he said, as if it was no big deal. My face flushed and I stomped back into the living room.

"Do you need any help with your homework?" I asked.

"Nah," he replied. His glasses sat perfectly on his face, on the rim of his nose; his hair was neatly combed and his eyes were focused on the textbook. Some equations were scattered across the page.

"You didn't pass out of math in high school?" I asked, leaning over the couch to glance at the book. He smiled at me, shaking his head.

"I wanted to finish the math course so I'm completing AP Calculus BC."

"Sounds like a lot of work."

"It is, but it's worth it."

"Wanna do something else?"

"Like what?"

Like kiss me. As stupid as it was, I really wanted him to kiss me again. Although, sounded like an over-dramatic teenage girl, but there was something unsettling about our conversation. It really felt like I hadn't basically made out with him last night. Of course, I didn't want anything serious.

"Dinner?" I suggested.

"It's only 6. You don't have to make me anything, actually. I was going to go out with Hannah and some other friends tonight."

"Oh," my voice dropped. Inside, I was upset, but it didn't necessarily bother me much. "Maybe some other time then." He scribbed down some numbers on his notebooks, and I stood behind him, unsure of what to do. I should probably say something about the carnival. I opened my mouth to speak when his phone went off.

"Hello?" He said. "Oh hey Rin!" He turned to look at me then scurried into my room, locking the door. It was obviously about the carnival. I flopped over on the couch, lazily grabbing the TV remote. There was never anything on TV, actually. I glanced over at my bedroom door and narrowed my eyes. Tiptoeing, I snuck in front of the door and lightly pressed my head against the door.

"What if he doesn't like it?" I heard Makoto say. A pause. "Mhm. Yeah definitely. Alright! See you Friday? Bye!" He unlocked the door and blinked, seeing me in front of him. "You have no idea what kind of of surprise you're in for."

"Haha," I laughed, sarcastically. "It'll be one of hell of a day."

"Oh shoot! I have to get going!" He cried, picking up his backpack, textbook, and notebook. He waved to me as he scurried out the entrance. "Later, Haru!"

I watched him from a distance as Hannah joined him with some others I didn't know. They all looked so happy together and I couldn't help but feel excluded. I wasn't the best at making friends, actually. I'd made some in swim class, but they weren't mutuals.

I went back into my room as planned and checked my phone. A message from Rin.

Yo Haru! I'm really bored actually so entertain me.

I drew my fingers across the keyboard and replied.

I suck at being fun, y'know.

LOL that's not true! Whatcha doin?

Hanging around, you?

Sousuke's over and we're at a restauraunt.

An uneasy feeling came over me. Sousuke and I had never really been that close. We raced each other in middle school and he was a butterfly swimmer, for the most part. He'd beaten me only once though. After coming to Samezuka, he'd threatened me to keep out of Rin's way. Of course, Rin was my best friend and I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Over the summer, there had been a Samezuka festival in which the Iwatobi swim club and Samezuka swim team had a water gun fight. Sousuke and I had been on the same time and eventually, we had no choice but to team up. Now, we were friends, but I would never forget what he'd said to me about Rin.

I turned over on my pillow and laid my arms out.  Another message popped up on my phone; Alyssa.

I'm glad you're coming to the meet!  See you tomorrow!

Relief washed over me and I smiled.  I was going to the meet.  I was going to pursue my career, and nothing was going was going to stop me.

Hey everybody!  This chapter was kind of a filler, not really anything big or anything on those lines.  Do you guys like this story?  I'm going to try to get it going in the next few chapters or so and the carnival scene!

THE CARNIVAL SCENE WILL MAKE U CRY/SMILE/CELEBRATE/DIE

did anyone see that ova for Free????? WHAT WAS NAGISA GOING TO SAY obviously that makoto and haru are dating u feel me,,,

OKAY BUT THE MAID SCENE WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME tbh

Leave a comment of happiness or something idk lmao!!!

Stay tuned!!

-MOnty