Chapter 20

Adam's POV

I rode on lyial outside towards the open arena, what met my ears was nothing but stunned silence, I held onto lyial's fur, it was easy to steer, since he was my spirit animal all I needed was to think.

I faced Lyra, she had her mouth gaping, her eyes furious ruby orbs, locked on all my movements.

I faced the audience, from down here I could not see much, just a mess of ocean of people on the stands, all staring open mouthed or in different states of shock or awe.

That's when all the hooting started, and I immediately new where it was coming from and who was it. Viola and the rest of the guys where cheering for me, they had on se sort of tunics with their house sigils, but they where clapping. soon enough everybody else was cheering for me too.

I felt a surge from lyial onto me, it was electric and I was here for it. I could feel my senses sharpening.

I dismounted lyial, as I turned towards Lyra once more.

"ARE YOU READY!?!?" Her voice vibrated trough me, as it echoed loudly, "Bring it!" I exclaimed at her, I was pumped, lyial was wagging its tail energy course through us very quickly.

From the other side of the arena, a fate could be heard clanking upwards, letting something or someone out, I turned towards it.

Thump, a footstep resounded,
Thump, another one, thump, this one was louder, thump. I could see to red orbs focusing on me and then on lyial, thump, that one sounded closer, I looked around, no weapons, what ever it was I had to take it down on my own.

Thump, a machine whirred into place.

Crash!!! It was a giant bipedal machine like in the simulator test from the initiation week.

"Fuck!" I whispered to myself, lyial barked at me, as if telling me to focus, "right!" I said as I felt my claws elongate.

"NEW COMMER!!! You MUST WRECK THAT THING!!" Lyra's vice boomed at me. "no shit Sherlock!" I yelled. "AS YOU PERFORM YOULL BE GIVEN TOOLS! NOW COMMENCE!!" She yelled. The machine sprung into full 'I'm a wreck your anus bitch' mode cause it charged at me.

Me and lyial divided, each one going a different way. it ignored lyial as it charged at me.

"Great." I said as I dodged a punch launched my it's arm, It made the Arena vibrate. I was making sure to spot any weak spots. and when my chance presented itself I launched a couple of slashes with my claws, but to no avail, not even a scratch mark showed on its calf.

It kicked at me, which I tried blocking by covering myself, does not means I didn't fly backwards being whiplashes by it.

"Shit." I voiced, lyial was next to me in an instant, he picked me up with his mouth by the neck of my shirt and lifted me on my legs. "thanks bud." I said to him, a bark and then a growl was what met my ears, as the machine gave us a metallic roar.

"YOUR MOM BITCH!" I yelled at it as I charged it, lyial ran besides me, I could feel my eyes sharpening, I noticed that it was focusing on me as it launched its fist, it rocketed at me.

Now I'm swearing on everything that's holy, I felt a surge come from lyial as I dodged that thing like in the movies by jumping over it, all Very slow mo, like.

I could feel my fangs, pinching my lower lip, my arms felt heavy and I felt my legs moving way to lightly, the robot, began flailing at me,i was paring it blow by blow with my claws, it was ridiculous the robot was moving way to quickly I couldn't block and move into the joints and the union of the hips which I noted that was to poorly covered.