two

Diagon Ally was crowded far beyond how it usually was. No matter what way you were facing all you saw were witches, wizards, muggle parents, and students.  Elizabeth watched as many pureblood wizard families strived to get away from the muggle-born students and their parents. It always shocked her how people could be prejudiced toward others for something they really can't control. 

The Talcott family had separated knowing that all of them together and everyone else in the relatively small alley, would turn to disaster. The groups worked out with James going on his own because he "doesn't need his mommy or daddy to help buy him things," or something along those lines. Benjamin had taken Blake and Tyler with him, starting at Flourish and Blotts, knowing that Blake was competent enough to get his own supplies while he helped out Tyler, who was going into his first year at Hogwarts. While Natalie had taken Elizabeth and Sylvia to Madame Malkin's to get a new set of robes for Elizabeth. 

"Mum, can I get a new skirt for my uniform? I grew out of mine," Elizabeth asks her mother who was looking through a rack of Hufflepuff robes, Sylvia on her hip.

"Yes, of course, dear.  Why don't you just wander through the store and see if they have anything that you know or think you need, a new tie and some socks wouldn't hurt to get as well," Natalie replied without taking her eyes from the rack, knowing that her eldest daughter was the only child that actually listened to what she was saying. 

Elizabeth nodded, more to herself, as she began toward the skirt section, knowing that if she went anywhere else first she would completely forget to get what she actually needed. 

As Elizabeth made her way to the skirts she almost swore that she saw three sets of almost white-blond hair, one being significantly taller than the other two, but brushed it aside as she didn't see them again, playing it up to her imagination. 

Ten minutes later and Elizabeth had gotten a new skirt, a set of three ties, and a few pairs of over-the-calf socks which she knew would be about as good as a ten-year-old pair of rags by the end of the year, being a close friend of the Harry Potter will do that to anyone and anything.

Elizabeth laughed silently thinking about what Harry would accidentally drag her, Ron, and Hermione into as she walked over to the "Non-Wizardry" section of the shop. This side of the shop mostly consists of sweaters, shirts, and bottoms for students to wear on the semi-rare occasion that they don't have to wear their uniforms. As she skimmed through a few sweaters and jumpers she heard footsteps behind but thought nothing of it, simply thinking it could be another customer looking at something near her. She only became suspicious when a pair of hands wrapped around her eyes and she heard the soft and singsongy voice from behind her "Guess who!" 

Shaking her head slightly, Elizabeth pretended to think about her answer before spitting out the quickest name she could think of - besides saying the obviously correct answer, of course. 

"Hmmm...Daphne?" Elizabeth had to physically force herself to not laugh as the hands covering her eyes, quickly dropped and an exasperated gasp came from behind her.

"How dare you even think that I was Daphne Greengrass! Merlin, you've got to love her but, that girl is off of her rockers almost every day in the common room, a shame you're not in Slytherin so you can see it." Elizabeth turned around to see the blonde she was already expecting and was greeted with the same face yet something was vaguely foreign to it, what it was though, she couldn't tell. She gave her friend a large smile as each of them leaned toward each other for a hug. 

"Oh, how I missed you this summer, Beth!" Cassiopeia spoke into the slightly shorter girl's shoulder who chuckled in return. "We saw each other two weeks ago, at the banquet the ministry threw for our father's departments, I know but, that's not nearly the same and just hanging out with you!"