Chapter 6: She can't be!

Hope had gone up to her room for a shower before joining the girls in Natasha's bedroom. As per usual, she took her bracelet off and placed it on the dresser before making her way into the bathroom. The warm water of the shower was soothing to Hope's aching muscles after that morning's events. Even though Steve hadn't been much of a team player, and it sort of defeated the point of the exercise, it was the most fun she'd had in ages.

I don't get why he hates me so much; I'm not that annoying, am I? There's no way you could hate someone that much just because you think they're hiding something. Which, admittedly, I am, but still, that's beside the point. And yeah, maybe threatening him was a bit much, but he deserved it. Besides, it's not like I could ever act on it. I'm sure ripping someone's heart out because they're being an inconvenience doesn't come under the category of 'doing it for the greater good'.

"Shit!" Hope had been so distracted by her own thoughts that she had managed to cut her leg whilst shaving. With a gentle wave of her hand over her leg, the wound was gone. I love magic!

About twenty minutes later, Hope reluctantly turned the shower off; making sure to savour every last drop of water that gently tumbled onto her bare skin. She knew that she needed to get a move on if she was going to be on time joining Nat and Wanda, but she wished that she could have stayed there forever.

Leaving her bathroom, Hope made her way to her cupboard to choose an outfit. After picking out different options, she eventually settled on a burgundy red corset, some black pleather trousers, and a black leather jacket. Just like her parents had always told her, 'you can never go wrong with a decent leather jacket'. She didn't have any fancy shoes to wear so she just threw on her trainers.

Hope checked the time on her phone, expecting to have another five or so minutes before she had to make her way to Natasha's room. What? Is that the time already? They're going to kill me! Much to her surprise, she was already late. In a hurry, Hope quickly dashed down the hall to Nat's bedroom, forgetting to put her bracelet back on.

"Hey!" Hope shouted joyfully as she opened the door. "Sorry I'm late, I couldn't pick an outfit, is this alright? I've never really been to a party before."

"No worries! Wanda and I are just finishing up, then we'll start on you." Nat looked up into the mirror, catching a glimpse of Hope's reflection. "Wow, Hope." She turned around to take a better look. "You look amazing, and that's before Wanda and I have worked our magic."

Magic, if only you knew... "Thanks, Nat!" Hope blushed, once again not used to the compliments.  "I've never been very good at all that girly girl stuff, so I honestly have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to hair and makeup."

"Don't worry, girl, we've got you covered." Wanda laughed and patted the chair in front of her. "Now sit."

Hope saluted before she sat down in the chair giggling.

Wanda and Natasha got to work; one was fixing her makeup while the other painted her nails. They decided to keep it simple; a dark smoky eye with a little bit of silver for shimmer and some matte red lipstick to finish it off. Not a bright red though, more of a deep one to match the colour of her corset and nails. Once they'd finished doing that, the two of them teamed up to do Hope's hair.

"How come you always have your hair tied up?" Wanda asked as she passed Nat the curlers.

"It's easier and doesn't get in the way, I suppose."

"But it's so beautiful, I love the way you've dyed the front two strands white and kept the rest of it black."

"Oh no, I didn't dye them, it's natural." Hope smiled at her in the mirror. "My parents would always say that it's represents the union between good and evil within my family."