𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒖 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒕 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝑫𝒊𝒆 • 𝑵𝒐 𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝑯𝒖𝒎𝒂𝒏

Present Time

'I want pocky'

Kaiya thought as she walked out of her apartment.

'Strawberry pocky'

She had woken to yet another nightmare that morning. Nightmares were something Kaiya experienced often, leading her to not sleep for long periods of time, in order to avoid such events.

-

Entering the convenience store, she headed straight to the pocky section. As she was waited to pay, a raven haired female stormed in, angrily grumbling something about "Stupid Ranpo sending me to buy his snacks." Kaiya minded her own business, and paid for her pocky.

"Thank you, have a good day," Kaiya gave the cashier a small smile and walked out of the store. Sighing, she opened her pocky and began munching on the snack. It was sometime around noon and Kaiya really didn't have any plans for the day, so she decided on taking it easy.

"Hey pretty lady, do you mind helping me out?" A deep gravelly voice came from behind Kaiya.

'So much for taking it easy'

Not bothering to turn around, she took another bite of her pocky, "No thank you, I was actually just about to take my leave here."

"Now now, don't be like that, you can't go out in public dressed like that and expect to get no attention, you're practically asking for it," the man growled.

Kaiya rose an eyebrow, looking down at her outfit, which consisted of leggings and an oversized hoodie.

'Men are so dumb'

Sighing, she started to walk away when she felt a hand grab onto her shoulder. Out of reflex, she immediately grabbed the hand and pulled it forward, then jabbed her elbow backward, allowing it to come in contact with the man's stomach.

He let out a low grunt, "You little b*tch, you're gonna regret that." Kaiya felt a sting as she looked down to see a knife stabbed in her leg. Memories flooded through her head.

Pain. So much pain. She violently struggled against her binds, chains pressing into her wrist and ankles. Laughter haunted her as they tore her skin with their blades. She screamed and screamed, the raw sound ripping out of the back of her throat.

Kaiya snapped out of the memory as she was being dragged into an alleyway.

-

The raven haired female exited the store holding a bag of snacks, when she the scent of blood suddenly filled her nostrils. As a doctor, her nose was sensitive to the scent of blood. She caught the sight of a man stabbing his knife into a white haired girl's thigh.

The ravenette observed as the girl merely stared at her wound before her eyes glazed over, seemingly lost in her head. The man dragged her into an alleyway as the bandaged girl made no attempt to fight back. The woman thought for a moment, before taking out her phone and following the two.

-

The bandaged girl immediately flipped the man over her shoulder. Her eyes slightly teary from the triggering of the memory, she took out her pocket knife. Swiftly rolling up her sleeves and untying a bandage on her left arm, Kaiya sliced the blade across her arm, allowing blood to spill out.

"Ability: Bloodshed at Moonlight," she whispered as the blood from her cut hardened into a sharp blade. A single tear dropped from her eyes. When she looked up, her red eye seemed to glow even brighter. Kaiya menacingly stepped forward, glaring eyes filled with fury.