1

I was on my way to Alex's house after I finished getting ready. Alex was hosting a sleepover but just with me and Jade, since we were her only friends. I'm glad I am one of her only friends though because she treats me well. She has such a warm presence and always lights up my mood no matter what she does.

I forgot! The time, I wasted time thinking about her and now I am gonna be late! I quickly rushed outside and rode my bike to her house, since it was not that far from where I lived. Luckily, I made it on time but I didn't see Jade's car there on the driveway so I thought maybe she was just late. When I knocked on the door I heard someone walking to answer it. It was Alex! She greeted me with a smile and we walked in.  We headed to her room and she paused.

"Hey, Charli did you hear anything from Jade? She still isn't here and it has been 10 minutes. I expected you to be a little late but not Jade she is usually always first."  Alex asked me. "No.. I didn't hear anything from her, but yeah it is kind of odd how she isn't here yet." I replied. We both sat on her bed. I was pretty nervous sitting next to her alone, we were both quiet and a little awkward since usually Jade would always yell and come up with fun stuff to do. Ding. Alex picked up her phone to see a message from Jade, she showed me the message and it said, "Sorry I am not able to make to the sleepover, I just found out that my parents had planned for us to go somewhere today :(. I promise I will make it up to you guys later!" Alex replied saying, "It is fine Jade, don't worry about it!" Great. Just my luck. I'm not good at talking to people especially Alex. I've always thought that she is too good for me and I would never reach up to her level.

Me and Alex are very different from each other, and it is hard trying to start a conversation with people who don't share much interests with you. I still wonder how we are even friends! Oh no this is probably so awkward right now, I'm just sitting still on her  bed next to her  not talking at all! I finally said something to cut the silence between us, "Hey, do you wanna watch a movie? This is pretty awkward." She replied with, "Sure! Which movie do you want to watch?"