Chapter 30 - Party

"Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well." Sam says as we walking into a building to see a bunch of artwork.

"At some point, I thought if I had to hustle, I might as well enjoy the life of a real hustler. You know how much I'll get for a real Monet?"

"Easy. Deactivate your hustle mode. You sell fake Monets." Sam points.

"No. She means real. This gallery is specialized in stolen artwork." Bucky nods. "Monet. Van Gogh. Classics."

"It's true. You know, half the artwork in museums like the Louvre is fake." I add. "Real stuff sits in places like this."

"Okay, guys, I see what you're doing." Sam points. "You're more worldly than good old Sam."

"Yeah. What's Google say?" Bucky asks as we pass him.

"No shit."

"Come on. You guys need to change." She leads us into another room. "I'm hosting clients."

She throws me a dress and walks off, I stare at it and unzip my suit. Bucky, Sam, and Zemo stare in shock as I slip on the dress. "What?"

Sharon comes back as Bucky and Zemo change, Sam was putting on his shirt. "Much better." She smiles. "You know, that scar on your face healed pretty cool. You look badass." She smirks.

"She looks beautiful." Bucky smiles as I sit down next to him.

"Thanks, Buck." I blush.

"What's going on, Sharon?" Sam suddenly asks. "You don't ever wanna come back home?"

"They'll lock me up if I step foot back in the States. Madripoor doesn't allow extradition." She sits down.

Sam sighs, "Look, I'm sorry I didn't call, but after The Blip and the chaos, I just..."

"Look, you know the whole hero thing is a joke, right? I mean, the way you gave up that shield, deep down, you must know it's all hypocrisy."

"He knows. And not so deep down." Zemo nods.

"By the way, how is the new Cap?" Sharon asks.

"Don't get me started." Bucky rolls his eyes.

"Please. You buy into all that stars and stripes bullshit. Both of you." She looks at me. "Before you were his pet psychopath, you were Mr. America! Cap's best friend."

"Wow. She's kind of awful now." I sigh. "You know what? I do buy into it. Steve was amazing." I point.

"Karli Morgenthau and at least seven others have taken the serum." Sam says.

"You guys really should steer clear of all of this for your own safety." Sharon nods.

"We know it's a risk, but we're not gonna leave until we find the person who cracked the code. We got a name. Wilfred Nagel." I say.

"Nagel works for the Power Broker." She suddenly says.

"We need your help, Sharon. I can get your name cleared." Sam nods.

"You haggling with my life?"

"Not like that." Sam shakes his head.

"I don't buy that. You pretending like you can clear my name." She scoffs.

"Okay, maybe it is hypocrisy. Maybe you're right. What happened to you. But I'm willing to try if you are. They cleared the bionic staring machine, and he killed almost everybody he's met." Sam points.

"I heard that."

"I don't trust charity." Sharon shakes her head.

"All right, a deal then. You help us out, and I get your name cleared." Sam holds his hand out.

"Well, I sell to some pretty connected people. Lay low, blend in, enjoy the party. Try to stay outta trouble. I'll see what I can find." She walks off.

"Trouble." Zemo smiles.

We walk down and split up, "blending in."

Bucky stays by me the whole time, keeping an eye on Zemo. "Do you want to dance?" He asks.

"I uh....never danced before." I look away.

Bucky softly pulls my face up, "I'll teach you."

He grabs my hand and pulls me through the crowd, grabbing my hips and pulling me against him. "We are....very close." I whisper.

"That's the point." He smiles, moving my hips against him.

I hold onto his arms as he grinds against me. "This is um.....um." I blush.

I gasp as he flips me, pressing my back against his chest. "You are so beautiful." His hand slides up my side. Bucky slowly pushes my hair back, leaning down and softly kissing my shoulder.

I shiver as he kisses my shoulder again, "What is this feeling?" My eyes widen as I squeeze my thighs together.

Bucky spins me around and holds me, smirking. "Well...."

"Hey guys....I found him." Sharon smirks.

"It's uh....time to go." I look up nervously, slipping away from him.

He's driving me crazy.