𝐭𝐰𝐨

┍━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━┑

┍━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━┑

CHAPTER TWO
blythe tarasov

┕━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━┙

As mad as Celestine Allaire was at Kaz Brekker, no matter the situation, whenever he called, she always seemed to answer.

When the man showed up at the door to her apartment and asked her to tag along to find information on the job for ten million kruge, she couldn't bring herself to slam the door in his face, especially with Inej and Jesper behind him.

So, with a grumble, and muttering "Pathetic, you are absolutely pathetic," to herself continuously, Celestine made them wait whilst she grabbed her coat and ruby-hilted knife, slotting it in the weapon holster on her hip.

They walk the streets and alleyways of Ketterdam, finding no useful information whatsoever from informants, so the last stop is the Serpent Estate which was secure private property, owned by Ketterdam's very own Viper.

"Are you sure she'll give us— like, any information?"  Jesper asked Celestine and the girl only grinned at him before whistling a tune that had two teenage boys scurrying their way, scrambling to open the gates.

"Miss Allaire," The eldest of the two, Aleko, greeted, swinging open the gates, letting the Sparrow and Crows inside, "Miss Tarasov isn't expecting you— neither is Mister Petrov."

"This is a last minute thing, Aleko," She told him, patting his cheek, "Lock up, otherwise Blythe will give a lecture so bad she'll make your ears bleed."

The red-haired boy smiled before nodding, looking over his shoulder at his companion who helped him lock up again.

"Shifts?" Jesper questioned, a breathy laugh following, "There's barely anyone out here."

"That you know of, and that's kind of the point," Celestine told the sharpshooter, hooking her arm through his, "The Viperidae are trained to be stealthy and work in the shadows— they should be neither seen nor heard."

The grand double doors to the Estate open, revealing, a somewhat shocked, Gris Petrov, "Cel... Crows... uhm..."

Celestine rolled her eyes, "Get out of the way, Gris."

The man sidestepped, opening the right door wider to let the group through, "What're you doing here?"

"We need to speak with Blythe," Celestine informed, beckoning the Crows to follow her and Gris down the hall, "Where is she— her office?"