Chapter Eight: Saturday

This is a copy and paste from my Fanfic from FanFiction.Net. A better experience is on there. Everything below is a copy and paste.

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾

Jake held Rose's wrist as he led her to a park. "Where are we going?" she asked him.

"To get ice cream," he told her. It was surprisingly nice out for November weather and many others were out. Kids played with each other, dogs were fetching sticks with their owners, and a young couple walked by holding hands. Jake looked at them and moved his hand from her wrist to her fingers, locking his with hers.

Rose looked at him with rosey cheeks and smiled. That smile wiped away any doubts he had about her breaking up with him. He missed her so much, it was almost as if electricity passed through him.

It seemed to be that many others had the same idea as Jake because the line was so long. Fortunately, it was moving up pretty quickly. The couple stood in the back of the line, deep in conversation for awhile, not realizing who was behind them. They were halfway up the line from where they were when Jake saw blonde hair from his peripheral vision. It wasn't Rose's.

He turned around to see Brad standing right behind them, pretending not to notice the two. When Jake looked up at him Brad finally "noticed" the two. "Hey, Jake! You're so short I didn't even see you there!" he teased.

Jake huffed in annoyance, not replying.

Brad looked at Rose, clearly not recognizing her. He smirked, "Who's this beauty? You his cousin or something, 'cause no way someone as hot as you would go on a date with this guy."

Jake pressed his lips together in silence. It took so much out of him not to beat up this guy sometimes.

"Actually, I am on a date with him." Rose took Jake's arm and to both guy's surprise, locked it with her's. "Do you not remember who I am?"

Brad blankly stared at her.

"You seriously don't recognize me?" She took off her hair elastic, allowing her straight blonde hair to fall down her shoulders.

Brad gasped, "Daisy! You're here? When you'd come back?"

"Daisy?" Rose asked out loud. "It's Rose."

"Same thing!" Brad chuckled. "Wow. Been awhile. You're so cute I didn't even recognize you."

Everyone had been slowly gaining their memories back about Rose, even though Jake changed the past. It was like their brains came to the conclusion that she moved away to Hong Kong, even though she lived there her whole life. It was a confusing thing that concerned Jake at one point, but Lao Shi told him not to worry. As long as no one caught on everything should be fine. Besides, there wasn't much the magical beings could do.

Rose rolled her eyes. "See you haven't changed a bit."

"I definitely have changed," Brad flexed his muscles, "been working on my self physically and mentally. I'm a much more sensitive guy."

"Ha," Rose laughed stiffly, "you're still on that 'I'm a sensitive guy' bullshit?"

"No need to get aggressive. I didn't know girls as pretty as you even swears."

"It's swore."

"Huh?"

She corrected, "It's 'I didn't know girls as pretty as you even swore'."

Brad placed his hands in his pockets, moving closer. "Same thing."

Jake grew even more annoyed. Could this guy ever shut up? Or maybe move away to a bigger mansion with rich kids his age in a private school? Jake was fine with either. "Didn't you try to hit on Alicia the other day?" he mentioned.