First Day of Senior Year

“Hey did you hear that we have a new football coach?” gosh Jace knew how to ruin a good weight lifting day.  

“No, Jace would you like to share because for some reason you know and I don’t,” I snarled at Jace.  He can rub people in a wrong way, and of course I am captain so I should know this stuff.  

“Well I guess that coach Popper found a job coaching a college team.  So a new guy fresh from college is coaching us, Coach Jay I think.” Jace declared.

Just as he said that the door to the lifting room opened and the new wide receiver walked in.  Who was this guy?  I was so falling for him.  Hard.  Someone was saying something to me but I was struck.  Why was I so drawn to this man?

“Champ why don’t you introduce Quinn Vinz to the team,” Coach Jay insisted I guess he must have walked in with the new guy. 

I snapped out of it, “ Hey my name is Avery and I am the captain so you will answer to me.  This is the team.  I have been told you will be one of my wide receivers lets just hope you make the cut.” 

“Nice to meet you Avery I have heard so many things about you.” Quinn winked at me after he finished.

How was I going to play football with this guy as a wide receivers and not make of fool of myself.  Lucky for me coach read my mind.  Practice dismissed. 

I look forward to getting to know you Avery.  You have so much to learn.

What the hell was that.  It was like someone was talking to me in the deepest part of my brain.  I looked around at all the guys, no one seemed to notice but Quinn he was staring at me with a smirk on his face.  Our eyes locked.  It was too intense.  With that Quinn turned on his heel and walked out.  I was about to follow but then Bryan, our running back,  put a hand on my shoulder.

“Hey is everything all right?” Bryan was always looking out for me.

“Yeah,” I turned to all the guys.  “Hey tonight I want you guys to work with Quinn we need to see what he can do, so tonight is about him.” 

At that I headed to the first class of the day.  Of course Quinn had to be in it and was sitting by me.  Alright this was going to be interesting.  

Well I guess you could say that.

I have to figure this out and fast or I was going to lose it.  Lucky for me the day went by about the same way.  Someone talking to me in my head and Quinn seem to have something to do with it.

When I was about to get in my car to head home the voice came again.

May I come over I will explain everything.  I have already talked to your parents they know what is going on. 

What was I going to say, I didn’t know who was talking to me.  So I tried to respond.Who are you? 

Someone you know and need to get to know better.  So can I come over?

As long as you are not some creep.

Okay see you in ten Avery.

What did I just do, it was like someone was talking for me.  But, I was eager to meet this guy and to know what was wrong with me.  

I showed up at my house and had just enough time to change out of my school clothes before he showed up.  Guess who got out of the car, Quinn.  He walked up to the front door and rang the door bell.  My dad got it.

“It is nice to see you again Quinn,”  Dad said.

“It is always a pleasure Mr. Champ,” Quinn sure did know how to make an impression.  WAIT, how could I hear them.  Alright I am freaking out now.  I opened the door to my room and walked down the stairs to the living room where dad, mom, and Quinn were all seated carrying on a conversation.  I walked on in and sat on the single love seat.