꒰ the runaways ꒱ - momo.

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 "I'm gonna run away, and I'm never going back to you."

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 the runaways ⸝⸝ momo

꒰𖧧꒱ 𓂃 song of the day: "run away" by Joan Jett and the Black Hearts.

ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ.ㆍ. ㆍ.

"That's it! I'm sick of both of you, honestly! Why the f*ck can't you guys just accept me? I love her, Mom and Dad, just why can't you love me the way I am? Why? Just why? I was born this way," I argued as my parents crossed their arms.

"I didn't raise a lesbian! You just want to fit in with your friends, don't you? This is one of your stupid strategies to get attention, right? You're making this up so you can fit in with other classes of people at school! It was the Hirais' daughter who turned you into this! Just because Momo came out as a lesbian, doesn't mean you have to as well, Y/N! Honestly what did we do wrong? After your mother and I spent our money on private schools and churches so you could be normal, why did you have to turn out this way? I think you need to acknowledge what you're saying, Y/N, and realize that you just want to fit in, for God's sake!" Dad yelled.

I was disgusted at my own father's words. They yelled at me, telling me that "this was just one of my many ways to get attention". However, these didn't weren't the words that affected me, but the fact that they had brought my secret girlfriend into this. Momo is the daughter of my parents' college friends, and we both grew up together. Momo had come out about two months ago and realized that she liked girls, when I knew that I liked Momo since a young age. I had the courage of telling her once she came out and her parents accepted both of us.

"Don't you guys dare to bring Momo into this, I swear! I'm your fucking daughter, Jesus Christ. I was born this way, guys, and you can't make me be someone I'm not! What does the law of God say? It says that we need to love our neighbors as much as we love ourselves. What's so hard about not accepting your daughter—your only daughter—just as she is?" I yelled.

"Listen, you don't have to be a lesbian just because Momo and your other friends are. Trust us, we know you and you are making a mistake," Mom argued. "Same-sex couples are against the law of God, Y/N! Don't you remember what the preacher had told you when you asked him years ago? Stop being an ignorant."

That last sentence was what made me repulse and retort. They wanted to drag her into this, didn't they? How come they "knew their daughter" when they didn't even accept as she is? God had said that mankind had to love each other as much as they love themselves, and what's so hard about following that commandment? ISn't that what a good person does? It's basic morality, sheesh. I was so confused on what they were trying to tell me, and my heart had shattered into a million pieces. My heart ached as I realized that my parents are a pair of hypocrites that "believe in salvation and forgiveness" but can't accept their daughter as she is.

"You guys are f*cking messed up, I swear. Realize that your daughter is just asking for acceptance and the same kind of love that you have given her since she was born, but you're refusing to love the person that kept you guys together in highs and lows. A good parent would love her just as she is, but you guys aren't good parents. You guys are monsters. You guys are not my parents, and I refuse to be your daughter," I said, pointing a finger at my mother.

"Is that so? Then I suppose that you have everything covered in the palm of your hand, right, Y/N? Just as you have had everything in your life. And guess what? You're going to stay in your room, and you'll come out once you learn how to be a good follower of God and He will take away the ignorance you have in your mind. He is the only answer to this atrocity and ignorance of yours," my mother yelled, signaling me to go to my room. "And we will be signing you up to that conversion camp in Jeju Island. You're going to have to learn about being a good person and follower of God."