Chapter 1 The chosen one

20 years later...
Just another day outside. You might be thinking why am I out here all alone? Well story of my life parents died, orphanage kicked me out and cops are after me. Yep a helluva life. I learned to adapt though. Stole a knife, hunt and drink lake water. You might not like to do these things but I get used to it. The last thing my father gave me was a shirt with a weird symbol. I wore it everyday since and yes I clean it, once a month. My mom was a teacher and I did home schooling. My dad is a researcher. He told me stories about a world called Moncara. I always listen to them they are amazing stories. Four monster guardians. I liked the Hydra. He was brave, wise and powerful. I wish a place like that was real. For fun I just dig to find treasure and take it. So that is what I decided to do. I dug for hours and hours but I could not find anything. I was about to give up but I noticed a shiny red gem. I did not know what it was. I decided to put it in my pocket and find out what it was later. The fact that I try to survive without a family is just a sad thought. I wish I could see my family again. I would like to eat my mom's prized pasta and to hear the stories of a distant world. I remember the day like it was yesterday. My mom was making pasta for my birthday. Dad was researching on who knows what. I was in my room playing Injustice on my Xbox 360. Then there was a knock at the door. There was a Man under a hood and wearing a tan jacket. He spoke in a low and hissy voice. He said time for my revenge Jackson. My dad said his name was Vathek and told me to stay in my room. I waited and waited. Then I heard a scream. I ran down stairs and I saw the man. Only it did not look like a man. It looked like a demon. He was holding a knife, it had a shadowy gas around it. I will never forget the words he said to me, " You are not worth my time!"'. Then he vanished in thin air. I saw my parents lying on the floor. I didn't want to admit it but I had to, they were dead. I just walked grabbed the last thing my dad gave was the shirt, got a flashlight and packed my pillow and my quilt and my stuffed animal, Shadow. Before I left for the orphanage I called 911. When they asked what was the problem I said, "Hope just died.". Story of my life. Before I could continue my pocket started glowing. I pulled out the crystal and there was a big flash. It was shinning for a few seconds and then everything turned dark. Nothing to see.