Sweeney Todd #3

POV: you are Ms. Lovetts sister and you are helping her run her shop when a new upstairs neighbor moves in.

"Alright Nellie, I'm just about done cleaning." I say as I put away the rag I was using to wipe down the counters and tables.

"Alright. You can sit down now and relax." My sister, Nellie Lovett, says to me. I head upstairs to the abandoned barber shop, where I see a single chair. I fall back into it and exhale deeply. Finally, I can relax. I started to close my eyes when I heard the jingle from the door.

"What is it now, Nellie? I'm not cleaning anything else, I just sat down." I say sternly.

"I'm afraid I'm not this 'Nellie' you speak of." A male voice says. I immediately sit up and smooth out my dress.

"Oh, uh, sorry. Who might you be?" I ask the man. He had a nice leather jacket, and black hair with a white streak in it.

"Sweeney Todd, ma'am." Sweeney says with absolutely no expression on his face. Man this guy looked depressed.

"Right okay, uh-" I start to head for the door and leave, but I feel Sweeney grab my arm.

"Wait. Sit down." Sweeney says. I'm confused as to why, but I don't question him. He was quite intimidating.

"What's your name?" Sweeney asks me.

"Y/n." I say shakily as Sweeney paces around the chair I'm sitting in. As he faces towards me, he comes up close enough to where our faces almost touch.

"How would you like to be my barber assistant? As a side job, if you'd like?" He asks me.

"Yeah, sure." I agree shakily. I was kinda scared; I almost passed out.

"Great! Now, do you happen to know where my silver straight razors are? I left em here awhile ago." Sweeney smiles at me.

I lead him to a board in the floor, which I lift up and take out a rectangular wooden box. I open it up, revealing his razors.

"When Nellie and I found them, Nellie wanted to sell them, but I said no. I kept em here just in case she decided to steal and sell them." I explain.

"It's nice to see my friends again." Sweeney says.

"Friends?" I ask confused.

"Yes, I'm very lonely I know." Sweeney frowns.

"No,no, no it's okay! Sometimes I fee like my only friend is my teddy." I chuckle, and Sweeney cracks a sad smile at me. Poor guy. I stood still in the corner of the small barber shop room, looking out the window at the rest of London. I looked up, and saw that Sweeney was heading for the door, so I kinda sighed sadly. He was the only company I had at the moment. I heard the door close, but then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped back, not expecting it.

"Oh, hi, I thought you had left." I said, wiping away a tear that was rolling down my cheek. I felt Sweeney take my hand away from my face, and I just kinda stood there. I didn't know what to do. Sweeney just kinda stood there too, his hand still intertwined with mine.

"I-I'm sorry, you just look a lot like...my past wife. She had blonde hair, just like you." Sweeney sighed sadly.

"I'm sorry. The least I can do is try to make you better." I say as I try to release my hand from Sweeney's grasp, but he hangs on, gripping my hand firmly.

"Ummm..." I look down at our hands and blush.

"Yes?" Sweeney says as he comes closer to me. So close to the point where I feel his breath at my nose.

"W-why do still have my hand-" I try to say.

"I apologize if I seem forward, but... I like you. A lot. Even though we just met, I feel some way about you I've never felt anyone, even my deceased wife." Sweeney says as his faces leans in towards mine, almost inches apart. I could feel his hair on my face. I lean in closer, until we close the space between us in a furtive kiss. I kissed back, clinging onto his black and white striped hair. I could feel Sweeney's hands on my face and waist, holding me. 'Damn, I fall in love easily. Too easily.'