Chapter 2

Percy POV

I decided that I would return to Artemis in 3 days time unless contacted. I was pacing the floor of my apartment until I heard a knock at my door. I was delighted to see my father I had invited him over to my place for dinner. I cooked chicken alfreado. "Ah yes how have you been son?" father asked.

"Not to bad. You?" I responded. 

"Great," father responded.

 "Well father I made some dinner. I don't think that I am a very good cook so I need your stamp of approval," I told father. 

"Well then where is the food Perseus," father asked. I snapped my fingers then the food appeared. Father devoured the food like a champ. He told me that the food was very good. He asked if we could watch a movie in my theater. Yep thats right I have a theater in my apartment. Anyways I told father that he could pick the movie. He picked a stupid funny movie. We watched it and I almost chocked on popcorn when lemonade came out of one of the characters noses. After the movie my dad and I played risk. I almost lost I had only one territory left but I scrambled all of my troops into his capital winning the game. 

Artemis POV

After Percy left I placed my creations on the shelf in my tent. I didn't need to go hunting today so I decided that I would rearrange my tent. I moved my bed from one side of the master to the other. I then made a quick display case out of wood from outside. I looked at my carrots they had grown fully. I grabbed my spices then started to dress the elk and chopped the carrots up and put them in a pot of boiling water. After twenty to twenty five min I took the elk off and grabbed the carrots placing it all on my plate. The dinner was very good. I decided after I had finished that I would wash dishes then make a chess board. I inhaled the dinner and after I used water from the infinite refilling water bottle and soap to make the dish pot. I washed the dishes then walked outside to make the chess board. After about an hour I found some flours then ground them up to make stain. The stain that I made was very dark and then it was very light. I used my fingers to make lines then stained the board. I the walked over to my bathroom then showered. I walked over to my bed and hopped in. 

The next day was cold but I went hunting for a deer. I placed the arrow right between it's eyes killing it. I grabbed the deer by it's horns taking it to my tent to skin it. I was skinning the deer but I grabbed a hack saw to take off it's horns. I then continued skinning it and after I put the cuts in my meet locker. I started a fire then finished my chess board. I grabbed some bass wood then made a rabbit with floppy ears. I placed it on my shelf next to my wolves. I then used leftovers from the elk and used some carrots I heated it up over the fire then walked over to the table in my tent to eat the food. I at the food and afterword washed the dishes then had an early sleep. 

I awoke to stirring outside of my tent I thought it was Percy but when I walked out I was tackled by Ares he tied me to a tree and sat down and told me how much he enjoyed watching my suffer. for the rest of the day. I was giving up hope when I heard, "Ares go pick on someone your own size." Ares left in worry that he could be reported. I gasped when I saw Percy with bow drawn it looked like he was aiming at my face when the arrow grazed the tree and I heard a roar. I knew it was the neman lion. Another arrow flew past my face and there was no more roaring. Percy walked behind the tree and picked up the coat. "OH MY GODS," Percy said. "What did Ares do to you," he asked. I explained the Ares-Artemis madness whilst he was cutting me down from the tree whilst I told him my story. At the end he asked me how I was doing. I replied with the word hungry. "Would you like me to take you to dinner," he exclaimed.

"Only if it isn't on the east coast," I replied. He grabbed my hand and we were in Denver. After we flashed there he let go of my hand and asked what kind of food I liked. "I think Sushi," I said. He grabbed my hand again the we flashed to a sushi place in Denver. We walked inside and got a booth in the back. We were given menus they had hundreds of rolls. I didn't understand the menus because they were in Japanese but Percy translated Blue Fin and Tuna. He ordered five rolls that I didn't understand. After the rolls were delivered Percy was talking about how the council was disorganized without my presence. Although I was sad to be a mortal it was fun. There was so much you couldn't expereance as an immortal. After dinner Percy pulled out a credit card that looked similar to mine except it had a blue background and a red flower and paid for dinner. After we left I asked where he got these. He told me that he got them at the Lotus Casino in Las Vegas. I was telling him of the chess board I had made out of some wood. Then I asked Percy, "is this a date?"

"Do you want it to be," he asked. 

"Yes," I replied. 

"Where to next," he asked. 

"I don't know," I replied.

"I have an idea. How about a movie," he replied.

"Okay," I responded. He grabbed my hand and flashed us to a movie theater. After we flashed he didn't let go of my hand however. We walked inside and I pointed to a movie. Ford vs. Ferrari. He grabbed his card and payed for the movie. We walked over to the snacks bar and grabbed a big bucket of popcorn. The movie was two hours long but during the duration of the movie Percy didn't let go of my hand. When the movie ended we didn't even go out the exit. Percy just flashed us back to my tent. Before he left he gave me a hug then kissed my cheek. He told me he would be back tomorrow. With that he left. I hopped in bed with a smile on my face. 

The next day at 9:00 AM Percy nocked on my tent then spawned bacon and eggs for us to eat. After words he flashed away the dishes the pulled out a huge box. I opened the box and on the inside was the world biggest Lego set the world map. He opened the set and wasted no time. In a matter of seconds the set was fully assembled. He placed a pin where my camp is now and Olympus. He then placed it on a shelf that had some of our whittling projects. Percy was explaining how his new cross bow worked. We walked out of the tent and Percy snapped his fingers making an archrey range appear out of thin air. He loaded up the cross bow and then split the wood holding the target up clean in half. I was suprised at the draw weight of the bow because it was light for such power. I used the cross bow to shoot at a tree. The tree had a 2 inch hole in it that when half way threw. Percy walked over and ripped the arrow out of the tree. Inspecting the arrow he tested the sharpness. He pulled another arrow out of his quiver then tossed it to me. He told me to shoot at his left hand. I hesitantly pulled the trigger of the cross bow. Percy caught the arrow in mid air at the middle of the shaft. I was suprised at this fact but Percy placed the arrow back in his quiver. Walking over he took the cross bow and pressed a button on it then it transformed into a sword. Pressing the button again he transformed it into a ballpoint pen. He handed the pen over to me. 

Athena POV

"Yes Annabeth. After your father's divorce he told you he was dating someone. Do you know who that is?" I told my daughter. 

"No," Annabeth responded. 

"Do you wish to know, Annabeth," I replied 

"Yes, please," Annabeth pleaded

"Well Annabeth to make a long story short... Your father and I have been dating," I replied to my tearful daughter. 

"WHAT!" Annabeth responded with a dumbfounded look. 

"Yes my dear," I said. Hugging Annabeth. "Annabeth tell your boyfriend," I told my daughter.

Annabeth POV

I flashed over to Percy's door. I nocked on the door. Percy opened the door. His face went from happy to sad in an instant. "What do you want," my boyfriend asked. I ran up to kiss him but he grabbed my shoulders and turned me around. 

"HEY!!!" I yelled at him.

"You left me and I found somebody else. Goodbye," he said. He just closed the door in my face. I mean when I talked to him about our relationship last I meant that I wouldn't be able to see him as often not that I was leaving him. I was so sad. I guess this is the price I have to pay. I hadn't seen him for 3 months before I told him I couldn't be seeing him much. I flashed to my mother and told her of the story. She told me that even when she had so much work she still had time for my father. I was right I payed a nasty price. 

Percy POV 

I was summoned to Olympus for a meeting. Whilst I was up there Athena kept shooting me dirty looks. I was told of a mission that I would go on. The mission was me having to clear out the South Dakota badlands. The mission was really simple. Kill monsters for a week then return. I went to my Apartment to pack. My trident and bow a sword and lots of arrows. Necter and ambrosia. Clean clothes. I was going to flash to the badlands but I went to say goodbye to Artemis. I flashed over to her tent and knocked on the door. She opened the door and ushered me inside. I told her I was going to the badlands to clear out all of the monsters she seemed understanding and I gave her a hug before I left.