"Dakota."

Chapter One

Chapter One

Dakota was very confused...

For all of seven years she had been the only person held captive by Gerard Argent, so imagine her confusion when he and his men drag in two teenagers who look around her age and restrain them. She stands up from where she's sitting on the floor in her tiny room and stands at then doorway.

She instantly backs up a few feet when Gerard flashes his electric baton at her with a sinister smile. After a few minutes of torturing the two teenagers, one blonde girl and a mocha skinned boy next to her,  the men left them in the basement with nothing but convulsions from the shocks and whimpers through the tape on their mouths.

She wanted to help them, she wish she could, but she was bound to the room. Hunters are smart and they used her weakness against her and have been doing it for years. There's a mountain ash barrier keeping her locked in the room, it's been like this since she was a child but only except she was relocated a few weeks ago.

The thing was, she had no idea where they relocated her. She didn't think it mattered considering the fact that she was never going to get the fuck out of there anyway. After giving sad looks to the two teens hanging by their wrist she walked over to her blow up mattress and grabbed a book she was in the middle of reading.

It's the only way she knows to pass the time nowadays.

She didn't know how long it had been when she looked up from her book, but she saw yet another teenager in the basement. She winced when the boy with the buzzcut flicked the lights on, she was used to it always being dark down there and just using her night vision.

The two teenagers hanging by their wrist start whimpering and the buzzcut boy shushes them before going to try and help them, unfortunately he jumps away and reels his hand back when he gets shocked. She then hears footsteps and sits on the floor away from the door again as Gerard makes his way down the steps.

"They were trying to warn you, it's electrified." the old man announces as he makes his presence known.

"What are you doing with them?" He asked, but then he's looking towards the open door where she's sitting, their eyes lock, then his head whips back to Gerard, "Who the hell is that? Who else are you keeping hostage down here?" The boy exclaims

"She... is none of your business. And at the moment, I'm just keeping these two comfortable. There's no point in torturing them, they won't give Derek up." Gerard speaks sending a shock of familiarity in her chest.

"Derek?" She whispers to herself.

Could it be that her family may have survived the fire? That everyone could be okay?

"The instinct to protect their alpha's too strong." Gerard finishes, that familiarity turns to confusion... how could Derek be an alpha, last she checked her mother was alpha of the Hale pack, and who were these teenagers that knew so much about her brother?