The Rejection

Schezo had recently bought a bouquet of beautiful flowers. They were a set of roses, each being a different color. The colors came in pairs. Two reds. Two whites. Two yellows. And so on.

He was on his way to Lemres' home, holding the roses. When he arrived, he knocked on the door, feeling nervous.

Lemres opened the door. "Hey Schezo!" He said feeling happy. "How's the dark mage doing?" Schezo bowed in respect, greeting him. He still felt nervous. "H-hey comet warlock!" He said. "I-I got you these flowers! Heh." He handed him the roses. "Awww.... Schezo!" Lemres said. "You didn't have to! How did you know that roses were my favorite flowers?"

"T-this is just a coincidence! Uhh anyway... I have a confession to make."

"Go on, say it."

"I.... I...." Schezo got scared. "I.... I love you....."

"Aww.... I love you too Schezo!" Lemres smiled

Schezo smiled back.

"As a friend."

Schezo got closer. "B-but we can be more than friends, right...?"

"I'm sorry dark mage, but I don't swing that way..." Lemres said.

Schezo lost his smile. "....keep the flowers...." He ran out of the place crying.

Schezo arrived at his cave and flopped on his hammock, still crying.

Arle walked into the cave. She looked and went over to comfort him. She placed her hand on his back. "Schezo, what's wrong?" She asked.

Schezo looked at her with teary eyes. "Lemres. Not saying more." He said.

"Did he break your heart?"

"....yes...."

"Oh... I'm sorry this happened to you. Maybe you'll find someone else?"

"I won't find anyone else. Lemres was the only guy I've ever liked, and all the others are taken. Am I just... Not supposed to love...?"

Arle said nothing.

"Arle," Schezo said faintly. "I have a small request. Can you stay with me for the night?"

"Certainly," Arle replied. "Do you want me to sleep with you or no?"

"I'm fine with either," Schezo faked a smile.

"Okay." Arle said with a smile as she petted him.

Schezo got back to crying. Lemres was still on his mind.

"It's okay. Let it all out. That's why I'm here." Arle started rocking Schezo's hammock. "Remember that I'm still here. Focus on me. Focus on the environment. Focus on the good memories you've had. Focus on anything you'd like. But whatever you do, don't focus on Lemres."

Schezo started crying again. "Oh sorry. Let me see what I can do." Arle said and continued to rock his hammock. "Focus on something. Anything."

Schezo focused on Arle's voice. He started to fall asleep and stopped crying.

"That's it. Remember that I'm still here." Arle whispered.

She basically started monitoring Schezo throughout the night. She fell asleep on his stomach.