O1

What are you talking about?

Their friend responded almos immediatly.

I want to leave, Penny

Ok so, what's the plan?

It wasn't much complicated. (y/n)'s parents worked, so they spent most of the time (if not all of it) outside the house. They left very early in the morning and arrived very late at night. 

When coming back from school, (y/n) ate and packed what they needed to survive for a couple of days.

After digging a bit on their parents' drawer, they found enough money for a bus ticket to the city, now they just had to go to the station.

They couldn't do it during the day, because their parents would know exactly where they were. They decided to wait.

That night, when their parents arrived, they didn't accompany them to dinner, which didn't seem to bother them at all. They waited until their parents were both asleep, they put on a (fav/color) sweatshirt and some sneakers and got ready to go out.

Their window spent all day opened so that they could go out, they grabbed onto a rope that was tied to their bed and carefully lowered themself. Everything gas going according to planne, until the (h/c) haired noticed that they had no way to get to the bus stop. After thinking for  while, (y/n) decided they had no option but to walk there.

Shortly after arriving (y/n) was about to give up, they had never felt so tired in their life, their backpack weighed like a rock and as they walked they felt as if little pins were being buried in her feet, but they continued.

It wasn't until they sat on the bus seat that they felt completely safe. They took out one of the sandwiches they had made before and took a bite.

The bus started moving and with every meter (y/n)'s hopes started growing. They fell asleep a couple minutes later, they still had a long way to go and, though the seats of a bus are not exactly what can be called comfortable, the (e/c)-eyed rested that night as they had not done in years.

7.30 am.

Seven hours of rest, and a half (that she took to eat) later, (y/n) had reached their destination, what would soon be their home.

' I'm here, now what? ' they thought. They hadn't exactly planned this part, they didn't think they would get that far.

They got off the bus, everything seemed new (except for the people they had traveled with) and they had no idea who to ask for help. Only one person could save them.

They took their cellphone and with the little battery they had left they sent a message.

Penny, I'm here

What do I do now?

Look forward

Confused, (y/n) made what their friend told them and looked up from their phones, only to find her and her mother standing a few feet away. They ran towards the first thing that seemed familiar to them on the entire trip.

"Mom, remember (y/n) from camp?" asked the excited redhead.

"Of course, how have you been (y/n)?"

"Very well, thank you."

"They are going to be here for a few days, do you think they can stay with us?" Penny looked at her mother with a puppy face, she knew she would convinve her that way.

"Fine, let's go home." They both jumped up and hugged each other, to then set out on the path to what (y/n) would not only call their house, but also home.

[...]

"What do your parents think about this, (y/n)?" Mrs. Forrester asked while she was driving.

Hearing the question, they almost choked on the sip of water they had given. She looked to Penny for help, but she only shrugged her shoulders. "I d-don't know, I still have to tell them."

"Better do it soon, I don't want them to worry." Penny's mom parked infront of the house. 

"Don't worry, they won't."