O2

3rd Person POV

(y/n) woke up with the sun shine in their eyes and the delicious smell of pancakes that filled the air. It was then that they remembered where they were, that never happened in their house. If they wanted breakfast, they had to prepare it themselves. But not this time.

They got up from the comfortable bed in the guest's room and stretched while a big smile formed on their face. They went out of the room and went to the kitchen, where Penny and her mom were talking.

"Good morning, (y/n)" Mrs. Forrester said when noticing their presence "How was de guest's room?"

"Excelent, thank you so much." they both smiled, (y/n) sat at the table where a big plate of pancakes was waiting for them, ideal for the hunger they had.

"Well, what plans do you have for today?" the mother started again.

"I thought I could take (y/n) to know the city, of course if you want to"

The (h/c) haired smiled and noded while eating a bite of the pancakes, they were delicious, the best they have had in a long time.

[...]

"Nothing? Not even a call or a message?" they both walked through the city center, everything was so happy and calm.

"Nothing at all, I told you they wouldn't care." (y/n) turned their phone off

"Were they ever nice with you?"

"They used to, but I don't want to talk about it..." Penny looked at her friend as waiting for them to talk, they sighed "Fine, it was my sixth birthday..."

flashback

Back then, mr and mrs (l/n) had their dream job and, even though their little child wasn't in their plans, they recieved them with lots of love.

He was a baseball player (batter to be specific) on the local team and she was a leading fashion designer.

That day, (y/n) turned six years old and they decided to take them to the park to celebrate. They came back early because she had an important meeting with the owner of a big company, which would decide her future employment. However, (y/n) disagreed. While trying to convince her parents to stay a little longer, she spilled some coffee on her mother's design folder. Her father, distracted by what was happening, was unable to dodge the car with no lights that was suddenly heading towards them.

Luckily, (y/n) was intact, but their parents had to be in the hospital for a couple of weeks. Besides, of course, their mother not only did not bring her designs to the meeting, but she never came. The greatest opportunity of her life was gone. And not only that, but the father suffered a severe blow to his right arm, rendering him immobile almost forever and, of course, unable to play baseball anymore.

It was then that their parents began to be more distant. They could not bear to lose the job of their dreams, they never recovered, saying that it was all (y/n)'s fault, even though she was only a child.

Since that they, their entire relationship went from bad to worse, but (y/n) hadn't taken action until just a couple of hours ago.

end of the flashback

"I'm sorry, I had no idea."

"It's fine, no one knows and I had to vent."

In the distance, (y/n) saw a boy passing by. Average height, black and messy hair, he seemed nice. When noticing his presence, Penny took her friend from the arm and immediatly took them to where he was. The (h/c) haired didn't understand what was going on.

"Hi, Hiro." both stood in front of him, catching his attention.

"Hi Penny, hi person I don't know."

This caused (y/n) to laugh slightly.

"Their name is (y/n), they will be visiting for a couple days and I wanted you to meet them." Penny explained.

"Nice to meet you." he extended his hand towards the (e/c)-eyed "I'm Hiro Hamada, and I live here permanently." They took his hand and shook it "I have to go now, see you Penny, bye (y/n)."

When the boy was away, (y/n) was dedicated to speak again. "And those secret glances?" they exclaimed "Which glances?" their friend asked.

"You know, the twinkle in your eyes when talking to each other. Is he your boyfriend?"

"(y/n), no! Shhh." the coment caused the ginger girl to blush instantly. "Well, I was just saying that you look cute together and ..."

"Can we talk about something else, please?" Penny interrupted, (y/n) laughed and they both kept walking.

[...]

Both came back home, they were pushing each other and couldn't stop laughing. Showing (y/n) the city helped them to feel better and make themselves at home.

When entering, Penny's mother had the phone on her hand. "It's for you." she said a little serious and then passed the phone to her daughter.

"Hello?... Yes!... Oh, I see... Yes... Sure, I'll be there right away." The ginger girl hanged the phone and left immediately, taking only the keys and her helmet. "I'll be right back." was the only thing she said for then crossing the door.

"Who was it?" (y/n) asked mrs Forrester. "Oh,  just a little school job, nothing to worry about dear." she answered, to what (y/n) only shrugged and headed for the guest room, which for the moment could claim as their own.

They layed down on the bed. Everything was getting better so quickly that it was hard for them to process. Of course they missed their parents, they missed their home and their old school. Their plans for the future were somewhat undefined, they didn't know what they were going to do when Penny couldn't help them anymore. Somehow, inside them, they knew everything was going to be okay.

After a couple minutes, with so much thinking (y/n) fell asleep. They were still a little tired from the trip, added to the silence and peace of the moment. They barely noticed the transition between being asleep and awake, and everything was normal, until he appeared in their dream ... again.