ɪ ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ ᴀ ʀᴜᴍᴏʀ

1166 words

𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚝: 𝚢/𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚛𝚊𝚏𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚞𝚙 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚒𝚖

❈❈❈

Basically all of Outer Banks knew now. There was a rumor going around that I was hanging out with Rafe Cameron. Which was true, but I am definitely not going to give anyone the satisfaction of knowing that.

And for this reason, and this reason only, I'm driving to a party I do not want to be at, just to see Rafe and clear things up.

I parked my BMW somewhere safe and out of the way, since drunk fools were all over the place tonight. I didn't want to get clipped, my parents would kill me.

I walked through the grass, around the house, and to the front door. I eyed up the house, and found something oddly familiar about it.

Oh god, this was Topper Thornton's house. Fantastic!

The front door was already wide open, inviting stragglers to come in, and the neighbors to call the police.

The inside was a mix of disco balls and ditzy teens. A recipe for a hell of a clean up party if you ask me.

I scanned the kitchen and the enormous living room, but seeing no signs of the Cameron boy. I headed out to the deck, which was through stringing lights hung through a doorframe. As soon as I walked out, there was a bustling crowd of people, and the pool was filled to the max.

"Y/n!!" Topper yelled over the blasting music. He was definitely way off of his rocker at this point.

"Hi, Top, do you know where Rafe is?" I smiled sweetly, hoping to get right to the point. This boy liked to talk about irrelevant stuff, and I didn't have the time nor patience to do that right now.

"Who?"

Oh for god's sake.

"Rafe? One of your best friends?"

"Oh, oh yeah," he said, my statement seeming to trigger his memory. "Uhm, you could check upstairs. I haven't seen him in a while .. " he trailed off, getting mixed into a conversation with some other guys.

I rolled my eyes, and headed for the stairs inside, having to scootch my way through the crowded rooms of partiers.

The stairs were carpeted and I had to weave past a bunch of couples shoving their tongues down each others mouths. It seemed okay when you were doing it in the moment, but to see others doing it in front of you;  ugh.

Once I got past them, I was met with a long hallway of doors, all closed, and for that matter, probably locked.

As I was searching around, a door opened to my left, and a large pair of hands pulled me in by my waist.

"Get off of -- oh, it's you," I stopped and let out a sigh of relief once I saw the boy I was searching for this whole time.

His hair was messy and he looked weary, but not drunk.

" I thought you were going to attack me," he sneered with a chuckle, and shut the door behind me.

"Rafe, jesus, this isn't funny. You know everyone is talking about us!"

"Relax princess," he stated, acting so nonchalant about all of this, leaning against the wall, hands in his front pockets.

"What if they actually find out we are hanging out? It's just rumors now, but it will become a bigger problem. Maybe we just can't see each other anymore," my tone sounding disappointed, and he seemed to notice.

"But you don't want that, do you?" he smirked, inching closer to me.

I crossed my arms below my chest, not wanting to answer, for it might be true. I didn't need to boost Rafe's ego even more than it was already. I didn't want to admit that I didn't want it to be a one time thing, or even a two time thing, I wanted it to be more.

As I was thinking, he moved even closer, so he was standing before me, looking at me up and down.

"Like what you see?" I teased, catching him staring a bit too long.

He scoffed at first, because who would ever catch Rafe Cameron in the act? But his face fell, and it formed a smile.

"Maybe," he admitted softly, feeling like the low tone of his voice could hide his embarrassment from me.

He brought his left hand out of his pocket, a lighter tucked in his palm. The right hand held a joint in between his middle and pointer fingers.

The lighter turned with the rotation of his finger, and orange sparks lit up both of our faces within the dark, and then faded.

He inhaled the piece consisting of cigarette paper, and then blew out softly. I watched in awe, thinking how could anyone look any hotter doing what he had just done.

Within a matter of seconds, his hand that was not holding the cigarette came up to my chin, and tilted it upward slightly.

He took another drag of it, and blew out the smoke into my open mouth, and I exhaled, causing the excess to blow back in his own mouth.

There was a cheeky smirk plastered on his face as he lowered his thumb from my mouth, guiding my lip down with it, and then finally taking his hand away.

If I wasn't backed up against the wall, I would have fallen, my legs turning to liquids in front of my own eyes.

I got the sudden urge to kiss him, probably from his intense stare and the close proximity between the two of us.

I pulled my skin tight dress down a bit, it rising up to my upper thighs because of how short it was.

Rafe's eyes lit up when I crawled further toward him, only needing to take a baby step before I was eye to eye with him.

The room was dark, excpet for the party lights flashing from the deck into the open windows. The slight breeze causing my hair to flow in the wind.

He was unsure of what I was about to do, which is why I grabbed his shirt, taking fist full in my hands. Pulling him impossibly closer, our lips connected and I had to lean up a bit because of how tall he was.

I pulled away and looked at him, smirking, as always.

"I thought we were going to lay low? Ya know, because of getting caught?" he questioned.

"I changed my mind."

"Well, good, because I already told Topper that the rumor was true."

"Rafe, I hate you!" I yelled at him, but was smiling still.

"Hmm," he hummed. "Nah, no you don't."

_________________

you can clearly tell who my favorite character is by looking at how much I have posted of him.

I'll get more variety soon, I promise. I just had this really good idea and thought you guys might like it too.

REQUESTS OPEN

<3 <3 <3