Overprotective 2

Overprotective

Meredith is scheduled for surgery, and Addison is having a difficult time with it.

When Meredith finishes her surgery, Addison is waiting for her when she wakes up.

"Are you sleeping on me?" says Meredith, as she pats Addison's head, which is currently on her stomach.

"Mm?" Addison grumbles, as she buries her head into Meredith's side.

"You can lie in bed you know, they made up a cot for you," Meredith chuckles.

"I wanted to be close to you," says Addison.

"You can move your cot close to me?" says Meredith.

"That was too much effort last night," says Addison, as she continues to lie on Meredith's body from her chair next to Meredith's bed.

"Come on, that can't be comfortable," says Meredith, as she strokes Addison's hair.

"How are you feeling?" says Addison, as she sits up, and stretches.

"Tired, a little sore, and very happy to see you," says Meredith.

"Mm, I'm very happy to see you too," says Addison. "I know I said not to worry, and it's just an appy, but I still worry about you," says Addison.

"I know," says Meredith, giggling.

"I did sorta panic to Bailey earlier, didn't I?" says Addison.

"Only a little bit," says Meredith. "And I like that you're always defending my honor."

"You can defend yourself," says Addison.

"Yeah, but you like a damsel in distress right?" says Meredith.

"I do like taking care of you, but it's never because you can't take care of yourself," says Addison.

"You're cute when you're being all charming," says Meredith, scrunching up her nose for Addison adorably.

"Alright little casanova, time for more rest," says Addison.

"C'mon, I've been sleeping for hours!" says Meredith.

"It's good for your recovery," says Addison.

"Can we at least make out first?" says Meredith.

"One kiss, and no tongue, then bed," says Addison.

"Fine," says Meredith, as she wraps her arms around Addison and brings her closer for their one kiss.

Addison kisses her sweetly, and then tucks Meredith back into bed.

"Come lie with me," says Meredith.

"You're sure I won't squish you?" says Addison.

"I want you close," says Meredith.

"Alright, but just because I know it's the only way you'll agree to sleep."

"Yeah-" says Meredith.

Addison tucks herself in behind Meredith, and holds her hands, and Meredith relaxes with Addison spooning her, and finally goes to sleep.

This routine continues for the better part of Meredith's month-long recovery, with Meredith's friends coming in also, and playing card games with her, and bringing her treats and flowers.

Bailey constantly quizzes her about cases, so that she doesn't lose her edge, and Richard comes by to check in on her progress.

"Addie," says Meredith quietly while they're alone one night.