Ch 1: Last Day in Amsterdam

I woke up to mom making breakfast

"Mom? Good Morning" I said as I stretch.

"Good morning sweetie, I'm making some breakfast. Please go wash your hands" She said.

I get up and walk to the bathroom and I hear my phone ring. It was from Augustus.

(Gus) Hazel Grace

(Me) Augustus Waters

I giggled and put my phone down to wash my hands. while I was washing my hands, I thought about how happy I was that Gus is here in Amsterdam with me. That feeling suddenly turned into butterflies in my stomach and I liked it.

I whispered to myself, " Could I be falling for him?"

I take a look at my phone and there was another text from Gus.

(Gus) Can't wait to see you later ;). Okay?

Oh my god stop flirting with me.

(Gus) I didn't see an "okay" back, Mrs. Waters :[

Okay.

I say back in response.

I quickly remembered mom had made me breakfast. I run out of the bathroom and sit next to her. I was quite the whole time to not make the conversation awkward.

"Hazel? Are you sad because it's the last day here?" Mom said.

I thought to myself yes and no. Yes because I won't be able to spend anytime with Gus, in my dream place and no because I won't have to see Peter Van Houten ever again, God I hated that man so much but it will not ruin the fact that I love an imperial affliction.

I told my mom yes and finished my breakfast, changed in to a tee and short, fix my hair and brush my teeth. Suddenly we hear knock at the door, it was Gus. He was wearing blue denim jeans, a white tee shirt and his brown jacket.  His hair was the same, his goofy smile and his cigarette.

"Hazel Grace, looking beautiful as always" while he winked at me.

I smiled and said "not too shabby yourself Augustus" we both laughed.

He helped us get our stuff in the taxi and then we had to say goodbye to Amsterdam. I was sadden and Gus noticed.

"Hazel? is everything okay?" he said taking out his cigarette.

"Yeah I'm just going to miss Amsterdam" I said looking at the ground.

He holds my hand and I start to get those butterflies again.

"We'll come back Hazel... if we aren't dead" he laughs and I start to as well

I look up at Gus and his dreamy smile and eyes. I look at him seriously and he does the same. I lean in and we kiss. It was kiss that everyone dreams of. We stop and smile at each other and thats when I knew I was in love with Gus.

We walk to the car smiling and drove to the airport.