Chapter 2: Airport

Augustus, Mom and I arrived at the airport. It was a night fight, mom thought it would go by faster. We waited for a few hours and finally we sat on the plane.

"Why are you anxious you've done this before?" I ask.

"Well Hazel Grace, That was in the morning.. this is at night. WITH NO LIGHT WHAT SO EVER OUTSIDE!!" he said.

I laughed and then held his hand. The plane was taking off and to distract Augustus I kissed him. Mom looked at us and smiled.

"I hoped that helped Gus" I said confidently.

He smiled at me and said jokingly "actually I think it didn't work could you do it again?"

He gave me that goofy smile that I adore and laughed.

A few hours went by and I was starting to fall asleep. I was hesitant to lay on Gus's shoulder but I did it anyways, he took off his headphones and sat in shock for a bit. He Chuckled and put his jacket on me.

" I love you so much Hazel Grace" he said with and smile and kissed my forehead.

It was the most peaceful nap I've ever had. We finally arrived to my home town.

Augustus shook me and said " Hazel, Hazel, Hazel Grace"

I wake up on the 3rd call and rub my eyes.

"Good Morning sleeping beauty, We made it back home!" he said.

"hahah very funny Gus" then get up from my plane seat. I quickly get my things and meet up with mom to try and find dad since he will be picking us up at the airport.

We leave and see dad with a sign with our last name and Augustus's name. I run to him and give my dad a big hug. Then my mom gives him a hug and kiss while I stood next to Gus.

"Who's ready to go home?" My dad says excitedly. We say "I" and finally walk to the car.

We went to go drop off Gus And I get off with him to say goodbye.

"Well it was fun to be in your presents for a couple of days Hazel Grace" He smiled.

"Same here Gus. Thank you for taking me on your wish" I say.

"No, not mine. Ours" He Said while putting down his stuff.

My heart dropped and I was screaming on the inside.

"Uh hazel are you okay?". Thats when he realized. He holds my hand with one and grabs my chin with the other, we kiss and this time it felt unreal, something out of a movie.

From that day forward Augustus Waters was my boyfriend.