Chapter 6// Smells Like Piss

C H A P T E R 6

"So you and Ian were sexually active?" The woman asks me, I cringe.

"Ew, what does that possibly have to do with anything?"

"Do you really want me to explain it?" She asks me amused, I rub my chin.

"No, I most certainly do not" I respond "It'll make me stay here even longer." She sighs trying to crack her wrist by twisting it in a circular motion.

"So what happened next then?" She asks me readjusting herself. I poke my tongue at the inside of my left cheek trying to read her expression. No such luck.

"Ian started ignoring me right after the... um incident which was fine for me because I was feeling a little more than a little embarrassed by the whole thing. And Silver was stressed out even more then usual."

"I hate everything! Everything!" Silver snaps as we walk through the halls to her locker.

"Why's that?" I ask amused

"I have had to babysit every day this week, and I have a huge math test tomorrow on god knows what and people are still staring at me! Why does the universe have to be so cruel?"

"Aw Silver" I chuckle, leaning against the locker next to hers. Missy passes us her six inch heels clicking on the floor making her presence known. She eyes both of us as she walks by Ian on her arm. I stare at him, but he doesn't meet my eye. He keeps his focus straight away in a way that seems forced.

Silver's locker slams shut and breaks me out of my trance snapping me back to reality. "So my parents are going on some yoga retreat." She tells me beginning to walk to her next class, "Girls night Friday? With Blaine of course."

"Yeah, sure" I reply my voice still distant.

"Hey, what's up with you? You've been acting weird ever since Ian went over to your house last week." Silver asks me just the mentions of his name made my heart leap.

"My mom always told me I got attached to things too easily, that I was too trusting. When I was little my Dad brought home a bunny it was white and grey so naturally I named it Spot. I fell in love with that bunny in a matter of seconds. And it was dead in a matter of hours, my dad had his girlfriend Candace at the house when me and my mom were at work and her menace of a dog attacked the poor thing. I remember crying till I could no longer bring tears to my eyes, and decorating a shoe box by glueing macaroni and fake jewels so we could hold a funeral. This was moment I realized just like Spot, even though I hadn't known him for very long I was already attached to Ian."

"Nothing I'm fine, I guess I'm just a little stressed out too" I lie, Silver stares at me for a moment.

"I almost believe that" She grins engulfing me in a hug. I look over her shoulder noticing people are staring. She pulls back after a second obviously realizing the same thing I did. "Why are you all staring? Do you want me to hurt you?" She shouts angrily.

"Silver's hair might be Silver but her personality was fiery red, and she would physically hurt anyone who hurt her. She would never admit it, but the rumour Missy started had left her with a lot of emotions, that she refused to deal with."

The bells rings and the onlookers disperse heading to their classrooms.

❁❁❁

Lunch could not come soon enough, but the sun is hot today and it leaves me out of breath before I even get to the tree. When I do, I wipe away the layer of sweat forming on my forehead and dig through my bag for my water bottle.