Problem at Midnight

Written By: IM_A_PROUD_MUDBLOOD and @Thestral_Queen

Chapter One:
Third POV

Marigold stands next to her sister Opal, as they wait for the train to arrive. She sighs and looks up at the sky. Sometimes she wonders why was she born into this life and not another one. Sometimes, she wished she was. Don’t get her wrong she loved her sister with all her body and soul. She also loved going to Hogwarts and learning magic. It was her family that made it horrible. Her pure blood family with their pure blood rules and bullshit. Marigold and her sister never saw the point of the rules. They always thought that everyone should be treated equally.

“How do you think this year will be?” Marigold asked her sister.

“Black will probably try to ask me out again.” Opal sighs.

“At least Black will leave you alone. Potter won’t stop asking even when I tell him to bugger off.” Marigold also sighs, then reaches into her pocket of her dress to pull out a small book to read. A few minutes pass and everyone can hear some boys yelling as they get closer. Marigold and Opal turns around to see Potter, Black, Remus and Pettigrew walk over to where they are standing.

“Good morning MeriBerri, how is my love doing today?” James Potter asked Mari. She cringes at the nickname and glares at James. She puts her book back into her pocket and turns her back onto him.

“Hey Opie wa-” Sirius says while coming up behind her. “Remus!! Your boyfriend is bothering me again!!” Opal says almost immediately after, cutting him off, Remus walks over and drags Sirius and James away too.

“I am so glad Remus is friends with us and willing to drag those two away.” Mari tells her sister quietly. Opal was about to respond when the train’s whistle goes off and it pulls up to the station.

    Opal grabs her luggage and heads on the train, walking in front of Marigold until they find Lily in a compartment. “Hey Lils.” Opal says while putting their luggage underneath the seat.

“Hey Mari, Opal.” Lily says sweetly. “Things goin’ well with Rem?” Marigold asked, raising an eyebrow. “Yeah, I guess you could say that.” Lily responds, They all catch up on what they did over break. As they catch up the door to the compartment they are sitting in opens and walks in the Marauders.

“Why are you here? I know for a fact you never sit here.” Lily complains a little but not too much since Remus is also there.

“Well, you see Evans. our MeriBerri and Opie are here. So we had to come and sit with them.” James tell them. Mari scoffs, as Opal glares a little. Not wanting to do anything with them.

----

Opal's POV

I wake up as usual, taking my time to get up since I usually wake up about an hour earlier than I have to, I get some workout clothes on and sneak out of the Gryffindor tower to the Great Lake, trying not to wake anyone.
Unfortunately, I did not succeed. I see Black, sitting on the couch in the common room, clearly tired.
"What do you want, Black" I ask, not wanting to talk to anyone at this time.

"Well, I want you to go on a date with me," I roll my eyes, looking away from him as he continues.

"But you're too stubborn right now"

"What does that mean?’ I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Anything you want it to be, Opie." he answers.

"Also, I wanted to see where you go in the morning, I noticed it on the last day of the semester and never asked you because I didn't think you would tell me." He continues.